• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will my heatsink cool an xp?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkFire55

Registered
Im currently running a duron 800@[email protected] with an svc golden gate hs with a ystech fan on it and it reaches a max load temp of 47.
Would this be adequate enough to cool an athlon xp 1500+?
Im not planning to overclock the xp.

i seriously doubt it would handle the extra 20 watts vert well. u will see a rise in temps whch wouldnt be to healthy for ur cpu.
I advise geting a cheap hsf recommended for the xps.

your hsf is this right? if it is, it has a pretty good review, and looks good. and it should be able to handle it without a problem. but by your results it looks like there may be a problem with its contact with you duron. check mounting, maybe try remounting, and if you have some, some AS3/2 or aa(artic alumina). and whats the ambiant temp in your case?
because you hsf looks good, the review put it close to a sk-6 which is plenty to cool a 1500+, but with a duron getting it up to 47, something seems alittle wrong......

Ok thanks for the info.
Oh and the reason my temps are so high is cause I replaced the delta fan with the much quiter ystech fan which only goes about 5000 rpm

Back