• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Voltage Stability and 7volt bad???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ottoaxel

Finally got my new rig up and running, months in the works. Really pleased, but I'm noticing some slight instability of the system and think it might have something to do with my psu. My 5 volt is rock steady at 5v on my fortron 350, but the 3.3 and vcore fluctuate rapidly, within in an acceptable range, but rapidly. I dont remember this psu doing that before. I ran my 120s on 7v for a long time, could this damage the psu, I've never heard anything aboput that. I really liked running them at 7v, at 12v they drive me nuts, and it only yields about a 4 degree improvement in temps, even under full load.
Otherwise I'm quite pleased with my first hot rod attempt.
Watercooled Chieftec case, custom automotive paint, scalloped window (around latch and 120 fan over pci cards). becooling jaggededge, homemade openloop submerged pump unit, heater core radiator with dual 120's. Msi kt3, xp 1800 at 1710 so far, no better (dissapointing that). Running at 2 degrees over ambient on the mobo, and 10 degrees at the most over ambient on the cpu. Not bad I think for a first try hehe. Need to get pics up.
errr eh, sorry for the long post, point is is it normal for 3.3 and vcore to fluctuate rapidly, and is 7 volt bad?
:p

Back