• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinions on the D-Tek reservoir and pump combo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dxiw

Disabled
they have this aluminum reservoir with a built in 200 gph pump, is this good? can I trust their pump? I am kinda afraid to make my own reservoir because of leaks...:( plus tis is only like 65$....wil it make battery effects with the copper maze3 though?

If you are using a aluminum res you will be cleaning the salts out of your system with clr every couple of months to maintain effency. I would personally use tupperware if you didn't want to use a res.

so i should mod a plastic 1/2 gallon food container and put brass fittings on it?

Get a plastic Junction box and stick a 20 dollar aquavia 1300 in it !!

A few barbs and your set !!

Just my $0.02

does the pump have to be submersied in the reservoir or can i do externally

You can use the via aqua 1300 either way, I am using it in the reservoir know, but am going to go inline soon, you will need to go to the hardware store to get the correct barbs when you get one though, the supplied ones are too big for 1/2 inch tubing.( very quiet too:D

I AM CONFUSED.....IF I HAVE A RES THENDO I HAVE TO SUBMERGE THE PUMP IN IT...OR CAN I DO:

===RES====PUMP====RAD====WATERBLOCK====BACK TO RES

Back