• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

blooish vibrish mouse

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diesel_m

Registered
hi all! after reading a particular mouse mod here in this site. i liked the idea of puting a fan inside the mouse,but it cant fit. so i decided to make my mouse vibrate everytime i left click it. i tried it while playing cs it was okay, now i can feel my ak-47 rumble while shooting at those terrorist!!!! :) more pics and info on how i did it soon to follow.

i also added a on/off switch for it.....
my digicam stinks sorry for the blurred pic!

Last edited:
WOW! I can't wait for your instructions on how you did that. By the way, you can put a small fan in the top of your mouse somehow. I have a small fan from an older pc, I'll take it out and measure it later, but I'm pretty sure it'll fit.:)

now if you could figure out how to get a fan and a rumble pack squeezed in there, that would the tight, although iv never seen a fan small enough for my mouse, it would have to be like 5 cm fan, lol.

How about the fan for the northbridge? I've actually seen them smaller than that at Fryes.

im still wondering what you used to make it vibrate, did you tear up a N64 rumble pack or sumthin?

thanxs!

the first time i did it, i didnt put a switch. but after a while it really bothered me especially when im doing my projects on adobe photoshop. :) i'll try to make instructions on how i did it. btw i used the motor inside my old beeper it has a diameter of a pencil and its about half an inch in length.

how to's coming soon after i finish my project in turbo c........
thanxs for your replies hope to hear more!!!!!

You could use any motor that is small enough that will run off the voltage of the mouse. Just make sure to install an off-balance weight on the spindle to get the vibration.... I guess you could even make it so you install an "AAA" battery to run it without pulling power from the mouse. Just have to be able to replace the battery when it runs down...

Neat Mod...

Lochreas said:
By the way, you can put a small fan in the top of your mouse somehow.

WHY are people so obsessed with this idea? It's noisy and the fan won't move enough air to do ANYTHING to cool your hand. I tried it and it simply added more noise and made for an ugly mouse.

Captain Slug said:

WHY are people so obsessed with this idea? It's noisy and the fan won't move enough air to do ANYTHING to cool your hand. I tried it and it simply added more noise and made for an ugly mouse.
Ok, first of all, I am not obsessed with this!!!! This is the first time I ever talked about it. I just heard other people talking about it and I was just saying that it is possible. Personally, I wouldn't do it because I don't really need a fan, it doesn't get that hot between my palm and the mouse!:) Plus, like you said it was just ruin this mouse. I can see that you are probably just quoting me because I was the only one who said it on this thread, but that is actually the first time I've spoke about it. Anyway, no hard feelings. I just wanted to point out that I am not obsessed with the fan thingy and I would never do it.

Ok, back to that rumble mouse...:cool:

BG Micro sells pager vibrator motors for 99 cents each. Thier 100mA @ 1.3V. Sould be real simple finding a 1.3V source in the mouse, but 100mA may draw too much from a PS2 connection, although USB mice sould be ok.

Back