• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to use a .bin file

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rfeng

An vendor sent me a program that is a .bin file. He said I need to image it to a CD. How do I that and use it? Is it compressed?
Thanks,
-JR

If you have CD writing software that supports .bin extensions you simply have to set it to burn a disk from image and it will burn the .bin file as it is intended.

There is also a shareware program called Bin2ISO that will convert the file to an ISO image for burning.

you could use win iso and convert it to a iso then use nero or another burning program to put it on cd and you should be fine

None of these suggestions are working.. F'ing NERO doesn't support my burner.. POS software.
Any other ideas???

-JR

From what I understand, have always seen:

If you want to burn a .bin file you need to have an accompanying file that is called .cue. and a CD program that takes .bin format.
CDRwin is the one I recommend.

The .cue file contains info that points the burn program into the .bin. The cue file will contain info about where the bin is located and which track to start with. Cue files often are faulty in pointing to where the location of the .bin file is located as they usually point to the creators location at time of creation. Cues can be edited easly with a program called DaeMount 1.4.

You can use the program binchunker which will convert the program into ISO format or another good one is ISO buster which will extract the .bin files to a folder without needing to burn it to a cd prior to use/eval. However, both also cue off of a. .cue file.

convert it with winiso to an iso format.

Then burn it with any program that can burn isos.

Did this over there weekend with a bin file. Worked fine.

Winiso is a nice little program.

www.winiso.com

Back