• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Checksum Error on TH7II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PercussoR

Hi,

one week ago I purchased an Abit TH7-II. In the meantime I did some overclocking and Upgrades to Mr. N´s 7D Bios and everything was running quite fine.

Since two days ago I get an error messaging saying "CMOS checksum error" after cold booting my machine. All Bios settings are reset to default afterwards. If I simply turn off the PC without disconnecting the power plug this problem won´t appear. As soon as I unplug the power cord and put it back in, I receive this error msg.
I flashed CMOS with official Abit´s 7C Bios but this was no cure ;)

I checked the CMOS battery then but it´s still loaded with 3,03 Volts. Up to the label this voltage should be correct.

Do you have any suggestions for me?

Thanks and best regards
Perc

One thing I forgot:

I get this message just with BIOS 7D - with BIOS 7C there is no message at all but all my settings have gone with the wind.

// EDIT

After some tests with different batteries it seems like the CMOS jumper had no proper contact. It just looked like being properly attached ;)

Sorry for bothering you guys :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back