• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolermaster IHC-L7I or AX-478

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kylemd11

Registered
I am going to build a 2.26 P4 system in about a month and I am wanting a quiet system because I will be using it in my dorm room, so I will be sleeping in the same room. I am wanting to overclock to around 2.5ghz to 2.7ghz.

I have seen one post of someone getting to 2.9ghz with the Coolermaster, I was wondering if the AX-478 with a 30cfm or less fan would produce about the same results.

Put it this way, My AX478 is alot less quiet with my delta and a rheostat and I bet my temps are just as good.

from what i heard, that coolermaster is loud as hell, i bought it, but i returned it for the alpha. The ax-478 is rated #1 on the main page in the cooling part somewhere in there.

The L71 is the low speed version. the fan only spins at 2500rpm compared to the H71 that spins at 4000rpm or more. It is supposed to be as quiet as the fan that comes on the stock intel heatsink.

so I guess, I will probably end up getting the AX-478 with a 29.5 cfm/25db ultra clear fan and enjoy the silence and overclock a little on my BD7ii.

Back