• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1/2" watercooling for 6800 cards (NON-dangerden)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OK, you've convinced me. I'll "break in" my new 6800GT on air cooling, then once I know it's good I'll switch to watercooling it. But..... still nervous... $400 bux doesn't come easy.

In case anyone's wondering why the 6800 heatsinks are being called crap, here's 2 pictures of it, with the first of the size of it relative to a CD...

6800HS1.jpg

6800HS2.jpg

The thing barely fits in the palm of my hand! Hell, my wallet is larger than this thing...and they really expect it to cool a 6800!

Well, I wimped out. I found someone selling the MCW50, 6800 adapter and 1/2" barbs for $42.50 shipped. That's certainly better than $62 at Sidewinder. Since I don't have a drill press and since I went to Lowes and Home Depot today and couldn't find any of the parts I needed to convert the TC-4, this will have to do. Damn. I thought I'd found a use for the TC-4 :(

Back