• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.424v E8400 @4ghz not even stable...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yea I was going to ask the OP, is that load voltage or idle voltage or BIOs voltage? Important to distinguish, as full load voltage (lowest reported) is what you should be using as your "voltage" for that clock speed.

Also Coretemps "VID" is not reported wrong (unless maybe you've left EIST and C1E enabled) that is your CPUs reported stock voltage.

Yea I was going to ask the OP, is that load voltage or idle voltage or BIOs voltage? Important to distinguish, as full load voltage (lowest reported) is what you should be using as your "voltage" for that clock speed.

Also Coretemps "VID" is not reported wrong (unless maybe you've left EIST and C1E enabled) that is your CPUs reported stock voltage.

Actually, the problem with Coretemp compared to Realtemp is the TJmax listed.

Realtemp lists this correctly for the E8400, CoreTemp doesnt, therefore Coretemp shows temps as being 10'c higher (i think thats what he relates too)

Sounds like your CPU degraded.

That is quite possible, but on my old maximus I never ran it over 1.36v. It wasn't until the move to the P45 that the chip stopped performing, even with greater voltages. So, either the P45 killed it, which I doubt, but it is possible, or the chip degraded.

That is quite possible, but on my old maximus I never ran it over 1.36v. It wasn't until the move to the P45 that the chip stopped performing, even with greater voltages. So, either the P45 killed it, which I doubt, but it is possible, or the chip degraded.
Sorry to hear that:(

Try running it on your old maximus formula x38

Actually, the problem with Coretemp compared to Realtemp is the TJmax listed.

Realtemp lists this correctly for the E8400, CoreTemp doesnt, therefore Coretemp shows temps as being 10'c higher (i think thats what he relates too)

Huh? I was talking about voltages and VID only, nothing to do with reported temperatures.

Back