• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1 bad stick

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Snippys

i recently had a problem my computer would randomly shut off and restart. than finally stopped booting completely. pulled all the ram out and and went though it all till i found i have 1 bad stick. is it common for 1 stick to fail? also i need to replace the 1x 2gb stick out of 4 and cant find the same brand should i replace all of it?

Hi mate sorry to hear of your problem, they do sometimes go bad. Is it still under warranty? If not just get the same specs stick ie; 1333/ 1600 you should be good to go.

thanks for the reply. no warranty it was a prebuild from newegg a few years ago. slowly changing the parts out as they break lol

I5 650
PSu- corsair gs700w
GPU-Gtx560 ti
4x2gb ddr3 ASint 1333- SLZ3128M8-EDJED
MoBo P7H55
2x1tb HDD

With the BCLK at 133 and the DRAM multiplier at x10 = DRAM frequency of DDR3-1333, and the four primary timings and voltage at the modules rated values, bump the IMC voltage to 1.30V. Then boot to Memtest86+ installed to a thumb drive, and check the RAM for stability.

Back