• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

100% Newbie here, have done a little research

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spudlauncher

I am trying to over-clock my POS computer to maybe make it a little less of a POS. i HAVE A ms-7863 ver1.1 Motherboard. An AMD-4000 APU with radeon hd graphics 1500 MHZ 4 CORE SMBIOS version 2.7 AMI 80.04 12/25/2013.
Now I already know, as I have heard from plenty of people is the best bet is to take this thing outside, cover it in gasoline and have a good time watching it burn. But I'm a broke college student and I need this computer for the next 2 years.

From my research I need to get an OEM version of BIOS, how/where do I do that?
I need to install some over clocking software, which one should I get?
Can I clock my RAM to move a little quicker?

Any help is HIGHLY appreciated, thanks allot guys.

very little you can do with this hp rig.
#1 remove all the software that you don't use.
#2, install the cheapest gpu you can get to free up the ram the IGPU uses, but even this will gain you nothing and will cost much more than it's worth.

damner, i guss ill start saving as much as i can and try and build a good rig with my tax return. this thing just blows my mind, ****in 35 seconds to open up google chrome LMFAO

in the mean time you might try downloading piriform ccleaner and clean the thing out and that might help some, the less garbage it has to dig through the faster it might be.
you might try defraggler, that might help some also, windows is very messy about things.

here is a link>>>>> http://www.piriform.com/ <<<<<<<<, just try the free versions.

Model of computer, please. You gave the model of the motherboard but not the computer itself. May we assume it is an OEM mass produced computer of some kind?

How much RAM?

What OS are you using?

Is the OS installation from the factory or is it a from scratch clean install without all the factory bloatware? Removing all the factory bloatware and removing unnecessary programs from start up would probably help.

I agree with the advice to change from a spinner hard drive to an SSD. That will certainly improve he program load times but you would

Back