• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1055T overclock any input appreciated!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chrisjames61

Here is my 1055T overclock replete with the requisite screen captures. I am not satisfied with my results as they stand now. I am always reading about 4 Ghz stable with 1055T's. But then again I think I read RGone say that a speed similar to this was a good overclock. Its actually 755 MHz over the base speed so maybe it is. I ran Prime95 for two plus hours with no errors.

Attachments

• cpu.png
    cpu.png
    19 KB · Views: 29
  • mainboard.png
    mainboard.png
    48 KB · Views: 28
  • memory.png
    memory.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 27
  • spd.png
    spd.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 27
  • hardwaremonitor.png
    hardwaremonitor.png
    28.8 KB · Views: 30
  • openhardwaremonitor.png
    openhardwaremonitor.png
    24.7 KB · Views: 27
  • prime95twohours.png
    prime95twohours.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 28
Chris, I don't recall reading about any 1055Ts getting to 4.0 ghz on air on this forum and I've been participating here about three years. Most seem to top out at about 3.6-3.7.

From your pics it looks like to me you may be expecting too much out of your 1333 mhz rated ram. It's already at 1693 mhz. To get more out of your CPU overclock I would go into bios and lower the starting speed of the ram to the 1066 mhz divider. Looks like you started it at the 1333 mhz divider.

I also have the same advice about the CPU/NB component as I gave for your 960T overclock.

Attachments

• bandwidth.PNG
    bandwidth.PNG
    16.5 KB · Views: 23
Chris, I don't recall reading about any 1055Ts getting to 4.0 ghz on air on this forum and I've been participating here about three years. Most seem to top out at about 3.6-3.7.

From your pics it looks like to me you may be expecting too much out of your 1333 mhz rated ram. It's already at 1693 mhz. To get more out of your CPU overclock I would go into bios and lower the starting speed of the ram to the 1066 mhz divider. Looks like you started it at the 1333 mhz divider.

I also have the same advice about the CPU/NB component as I gave for your 960T overclock.

I have so many computers I never know what components I have in any one lol! I lowered the multiplier and the ram is now running closer to its rated speed.

Back