• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1100t overclocked temperatures

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Taller51169

Registered
Hi all!
So i grabbed an amd 1100t this week and i was doing some clocking. After 2 days i managed to get it stable at 4100 ghz with a vcore of 1.46. Thing is, i was checking my temperatures and they seem a little high for a watercooled system so i would like to ask someone with similar setup about this. Im cooling the cpu with an Ek Supreme HF and a 360 gtx rad. Im using 3x scythe fans at 1900 rpm. The temps are the following:
Idle 34-36. Max load ( 15 hours prime 49 - 51)
Using linx i might get to 59c after half an hour or so. Are these temps normal or i am failing in cooling? Any help is appreciated.

It's funny you should meniton this because up until a few days ago I was running my 1100T on a watercooler at 4ghz (1.46875V) and my temps were 61C full load (F@h). I put this rig together only a few weeks ago and I thought the load temps were high just as you. In fact I experimented with various lower frequencies and voltages to try and get the temps down. Finally I brought it down to 3.8ghz (1.4V) and folded there for a few days at about 47C. Then upped to 3.9 (1.45V) and did the same at 49C. Now I'm at 4.0ghz (1.48125V) again and folding solid at 51C. Even after I flashed my bios my temps remained solid. My guess has been that maybe it was a trapped air bubble but I really don't know. Perhaps there is a cure rate on the TIMS afterall. Who know's? Hang in there.

Thing is, im running solid at 50c from the first time i pressed the on button. I was just curious if these temps are normal or if im failing somewhere but i see that we have similar. Perhaps some more people could verify that we are on the normal range?

I can confirm Temps around 50C for my watercooled system - I am running a T1100 at 4GHz using Rosetta to load it and with my xscd watercooled system with 360 rad temps are in the upper 40s to lower 50s. Now I have 3 120mmx55mm Triebwerk fans on the rad, and if I run them at 2800rpm, temps go down to may be 45 but running at about 1500rpm, which is much easier on the ears I get around 50. The bios voltage is set to 1.4375, but CPUID reports it around 1.55. I think the chip is "almost stable at 4100 and 4200 but every once in a while the system becomes unresponsive. My guess is that the northbridge which I have at 2400MHz and 1.225V is overheating. Possibly a better mobo will address this.

Those temps seem about right. . .

I know my 1100T @ 4.5Ghz is about right in there on full load using two 3 x 140MM RADs and a 2 x 140MM paired up with high speed Yates.

Normally most don't care about idle's but your idles seem high. What is the ambient room temp?

Ambient temp is around 24 c so yeah 34 c at idle is a bit high. AIDA64 shows me 34 c on socket tho, my core temps are around 26 c. Is this temp difference between the socket and the cores normal? Also, may i ask how you managed to get stable at 4.5 ghz. For me, in order to post and log in windows at 4.2 ghz i need a vcore of 1.51 at least but then again i cant get it stable at all. Anything below 1.51 wont post. Thanks for the help btw guys you are great.

@ Yomama
I had similar instability problems with you untill i raised my NB frequency to 2800 and ht link to 2600. At that point i did have some random crashes on programms, but no bsods so i figured is the ram, I raised my vram by 0.2 and system is fully stable now. Also, i think your cpu/nb voltage is a little low you could try to raise it a bit and check how it works

Last edited:
@ Yomama
I had similar instability problems with you untill i raised my NB frequency to 2800 and ht link to 2600. At that point i did have some random crashes on programms, but no bsods so i figured is the ram, I raised my vram by 0.2 and system is fully stable now. Also, i think your cpu/nb voltage is a little low you could try to raise it a bit and check how it works

I've been told to keep the ht link as close to stock (2000) as possible. Try benching both and see what you get.

Well, ive seen that as well many times and it might work im not not sure. However if you check dolks guide here you will see that he has set a very helpful table with different cpu/nb frequencies according to the core clocks. He did some benchmarks on different frequencies and he wrote down the most suitable ones. I can verify that the stock cpu/nb frequency on my previous cpu (Phenom 810) was not stable but again i did not check on this cpu if the stock would work. It is however logical to me that if the core clocks are increase and the cpu/nb stays the same the cpu will throttle on max load since the MB wont be able to handle such an increase. Again im not sure tho neither i tested anything so this is only theory :S.

That seems about right where i am... except running a higher voltage.

Running 4.1 Ghz @ 1.489 volts, with a max temp of 49-52 C. Ambient temp is around 22 C.

@Taller - thank you on the advice regarding the NB/HT frequencies. Preceeding this Thuban I had a really nice Phenom II X2 BE chip that unlocked to X4 and ran almost 4GHz on air. My Thuban is not such a great chip, it would only run 3.6GHz on air and generally gets real hot really quick. Anyhow, I tried 2800NB/2400HT and bumped voltages up to 1.475 vcore and 1.25 vht - got stable under load at 4.1, but temps went into the upper 50C range with high fan speeds. Tried 4.2 but again not stable. For now I am staying at 4.0, which seems to be the sweet spot as I can drop voltages to 1.4375 and 1.15 and lower fan speeds to 1200rpm (much quieter), left NB and HT frequencies up though.

@Yomama
Hey again, i just spotted on your first spot that you are getting a cpuz reading of 1.55v. It seems a bit strange to me that you have such a huge difference on your vcore and my guess is that you are getting high temps due to this. Im pretty sure your are way more experienced than me but maybe you didnt switch you LLC or something else in the bios that minimise this difference? For me, enabling the LLC to ultra fixed this and also helped me to lower the vcore a bit. Just a side note, i figured out that in order to get 100% stable on this chip @ 4.1 Ghz i had to up my VDDA a notch (0.1). For some reason leaving it on auto caused instability probs. This depends on the motherboard tho. Thanks for changing opinions with my btw, i really appreciate it

My story

My cpu is 22C at idle when it is not overclocked and 33C when idle over clocked to 4Ghz at 1.45V. I ran prime but "chickened out" at 47C. I do not know how high this cpu can go.

For my OC i just increase the bus to 210 and the multiplier to 19 (i think). It was completely stable but i was a bit worried about the temps. Does anyone have the upper temp boundaries for this cpu when it is watercooled?

Thanks

My cpu is 22C at idle when it is not overclocked and 33C when idle over clocked to 4Ghz at 1.45V. I ran prime but "chickened out" at 47C. I do not know how high this cpu can go.

For my OC i just increase the bus to 210 and the multiplier to 19 (i think). It was completely stable but i was a bit worried about the temps. Does anyone have the upper temp boundaries for this cpu when it is watercooled?

Thanks

You want to try and keep you're(core) temps below 55c once it's overclocked , the max amd recommended temp is 62c but stability problems normaly occur before then once overclocked , hence the 55c as that is usually where problems start to arise.

Ive got an 1100T @4.2ghz (1.5v idle, 1.55volts full load) in my system with a h100(4 fans in push-pull config).
I always have the h100 on the lowest setting.
my idle temps are between 37-40 and when im playing games it goes up to around 57 degrees because my room gets very hot.
So i would say that those temps are ok they could be better but i dont think that they should be any problem.
When i went to I45 LAN event a guy from Etechnix got one to 4.5ghz and he said it was around 1.5volts, i cant even get mine from 1.5v to 1.49 volts as it just wont accept it

Back