• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1600MHz CL9 vs 1866MHz CL10

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Either or.
The 1866 MHz CL10 kit will most likely run CL9 at 1600. The 1600 kit should run 1866 CL10 fine.

Just buy one and test it yourself - or if you really need to have the XMP Profile set it for you then you shouldn't be worrying about which one is better. ;)

You'll never notice the difference. Buy the cheapest or the best looking one. Either way.

Off-topic, but something to note.

I once bought a g.Skill kit and when I ran CPU-Z, it said one stick was Kingston ram and the other was Mushkin ram.

It was weird.

The only way to damage your ram with bios settings is to set the voltage far too high.
Unstable timings can kill your operating system install, but won't hurt hardware.

The only way to damage your ram with bios settings is to set the voltage far too high.
Unstable timings can kill your operating system install, but won't hurt hardware.

So then is it a good idea to use Memtest to test timing changes so I don't corrupt the OS?

After making any changes RAM related, it's always best to boot to Memtest86+ before attempting to boot into the OS for that very reason.

Anyone else notice that little bug. I quoted and responded to something Bobnova said and it put what i posted 2 post before instead of the end of the thread. Kind of funny. Like i went back in time and posted something from in the future.

iNet had a timestamp / timer / clock related issue. They fixed it, but there are some posts with timestamp issues that aren't lining up right.

May or may not be the same ICs. As far as running at stock goes, they're identical.

ARES are on newer IC and should oc higher but hard to say without tests. Both kits should be almost the same.

Hi guys, I need an advice...

What do you think would be better for my new laptop between:

Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz CL10 1,5v (2x8gb)
Kingston HyperX LoVo 1600 Mhz CL9 1,35v (2x8gb)

???

Thanks

Hi guys, I need an advice...

What do you think would be better for my new laptop between:

Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz CL10 1,5v (2x8gb)
Kingston HyperX LoVo 1600 Mhz CL9 1,35v (2x8gb)

???

Thanks

The sweet spot is Kingston HyperX LoVo 1600 Mhz CL9 1,35v (2x8gb

Back