• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

160mm radiator template

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cobray380

I'm looking for a 160mm radiator template to drill the holes in u2 server cases. The Rad's are the Hardware Labs Black Ice Gen Two Xtreme Micro 160. I'm installing 4 of these rads and need to make 8 fan holes plus 32 screw holes and it would be easier with a template. I found a PDF for 92mm and 80mm fan template's from Mnpctech but I need a dual 80mm fan setup with a 15.5mm spacing. Something that I could print out like a PDF file instead of trying to cut out and tape the 80mm template's together. (Its the 15.5mm space between the fans mounting holes I'm having trouble with) I tried to copy the template in paint but I cant get the sizing right. Does anyone know of free software I could make this?

Thanks for any help

d_gtxm160.jpg

Weird rad using small, noisey 80mm fans......... why not get something more standard for today's cases like a 120mm rads?

Anyway, make the template from the image. It has all the measurements there for you to make it. Why go through the hassle of software and blowing it up when you just need to take a ruler and make it in a few minutes?

Weird rad using small, noisey 80mm fans......... why not get something more standard for today's cases like a 120mm rads?

Anyway, make the template from the image. It has all the measurements there for you to make it. Why go through the hassle of software and blowing it up when you just need to take a ruler and make it in a few minutes?

All of this, +1

Noise is not a problem using San Ace 80 6000 rpm fans and a 120mm rad will not fit. The Black Ice GTX Xtreme Dual 80mm has a 10 chambers, and the Black Ice GTX Xtreme 120mm has 12 chambers and both of them are 54mm thick.

Black Ice GTX Xtreme 160mm
Radspace:
8cm x 8cm = 64cm, 64cm x 2 = 128cm
liquid chamber surface area in contact with fins:
5.4cm x 16cm = 86.4cm, 86.4cm x 10 = 864cm, 864cm x 2 = 1728cm

Radspace:
12cm x 12 cm = 144cm, 144cm x 1 = 144cm
liquid chamber surface area in contact with fins:
5.4cm x 12cm = 64.8cm, 64.8cm x 777.8cm, 777.8cm x 2 =1555.6cm

The dual 80mm radiators should VERY SLIGHTLY outperform a single 120mm radiator, assuming we're achieving the same air flow on both radiators. It might be more or less identical because of the 2 less chambers of the dual 80mm.

If you don't mind a screaming party, louder than the kids if you while, by all means go right ahead. If not, I would look for an external loop being fed to the case.

I only asked for help with a template not to be judged on the Rad my using. I don't have the space for a 120mm rad. I wouldn't of asked as theres plenty of templates on the net for the larger fan rads . The rads are going in-between u2 rack servers using a u2 blank. I found u2 fans brackets but the spacing is wrong. I'm having a problem getting .5 mm spacing right as I don't have a ruler that has .5 mm on it. I messed up 2 blanks already.

2u-fan-panels.jpg

Since it's on a rack and not a pretty PC, what about using zip ties and velcro?

You need exact measurements buy a $20 micrometer or a nice $10 machinists ruler.

Best bet is to put the rads on the blanks and use a punch to mark the holes for the rads for the perfect measurement.

Assuming you have the RADs, place a sheet of paper over it and gently rub the outline of the RAD with a pencil.

Thanks for the idea. I was going to try that but I was telling one of my co-workers today about the template I wanted. He said he can make it for me in AutoCAD and convert it to a PDF file. When I get the file I will post if anyone wants. As for the 160mm Rad's the only reason why I went with them is because they were cheap $14.99 each for a Hw labs copper rad. I wanted to try them. Performance PC has them on sale.

Back