• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

17.8.2 Driver EXTREME lag / stutter / hang on VEGA 64 ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gh0sT-NoVa

As title said, my PC was newly built yesterday. So everything's FRESH Install including Windows 10.
Currently using the 17.8.2 Drivers and I think it's the Driver that's causing massive lag / stutter / almost 1 - 2 second freeze whenever there's some sort of Video / Flash content being loaded....
Anywhere ranging from YouTube, Facebook and Windows Store. A great way to reproduce it it's when opening Window's Store, Candy Crush Saga there be a Flash video on top loading at that moment my entire PC be super laggy barely able to move my mouse around.
But I don't think my PC is frozen and I've check CPU Usage it's not pegged at 100% either. I think it's a GPU Driver issue ???

This didn't happen to my Fury on 17.5.2 Driver but that's my old PC on Windows 7, this is an entirely new different PC...
Anyone having the same issue ??
I did check with AMD Forums so far there's two person who's suffering from this. Just wanna confirm.

My specs
RyZen 1700X @ Stock
G.Skill Trident-Z 3000 Mhz CL15 @ Stock
Gigabyte VEGA 64 Liquid @ Stock
Gigabyte X370 Gaming 5

If you need more info about my system do ask.

Here's the link to the AMD Forums discussion.

https://community.amd.com/thread/219775

Warning! Anecdote! No helpful info here! :D :

I am using the same drivers and had some pretty noticeable stutter on my Win7/HD 7850 setup, but nothing like what you are describing. I am considering rolling back but the problems seem to have smoothed out. I dont see the stutter anymore, but I still get driver crashes about every day or 2 and it just doesnt feel stable to me. If the crashes dont stop then I will have to roll back, but for now I am going to see if the road gets smoother with some perseverance

Back