• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

17 BILLION Dollars

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Maybe I'd play a Maltese Falcon game but probably not a Perry Mason or Matlock one ;) I actually sort of liked the old Sherlock Holmes ones I had on the TG16 and Genesis CD.

Actually all the NEW Sherlock Holmes games are also pretty good.

I had an Xeye once. It wasn't built as durable as my original stackable Genesis, CD and 32x, plus the 32x doesn't work with it. I bought it used and the CD unit stopped working soon after I got it so I figured whoever sold it knew it was going out. I tossed it even though it still played cartridges fine.

The pickups on those units are easy to source. What a shame!

If a title like Hana Montana can hold the #1 game sold for like 13 weeks like it did this summer, it just proves that the market is bigger than the hardcore gamer. Hell even the Wii proves this. There will always be the blockbuster AAA games coming out but the real money is in the casual game sector.

Movie box office doesn't include rentals, DVD sales, hi-def sales, network licensing, pay per view, in-flight licensing, etc...

;)

--Illah

thats right, they should be comparing sales to sales, as in games sales "take home and keep" to movie sales, dvds, blu-ray etc" take home and keep.

thats right, they should be comparing sales to sales, as in games sales "take home and keep" to movie sales, dvds, blu-ray etc" take home and keep.

I've been arguing this since like, oh FOREVER!!! I mean no matter how crappy a title is, the instant it comes out it will have immediated 20,000 sold due to Blockbuster, Hollywood, Rogers and Movie Gallery and that is if each store only get ONE copy

While I think the movie numbers are a little low (as pointed out above) I know as for myself over the last six years, my buying and playing of video games has increased while my buying and watching of movies has decreased. I probably rent one movie a month (dollar machine at local grocery store) and maybe buy a DVD per year. Where as I bought about five PC games, and ten Xbox 360 games last year.

While I think the movie numbers are a little low (as pointed out above) I know as for myself over the last six years, my buying and playing of video games has increased while my buying and watching of movies has decreased. I probably rent one movie a month (dollar machine at local grocery store) and maybe buy a DVD per year. Where as I bought about five PC games, and ten Xbox 360 games last year.

Same here. But, I really think it's due to very few watchable movies coming out in the last couple of years. I used to see at least 20 to 25 movies a year in the theatre and rent about as many. Now it's 3 to 4 tops in the theater and maybe rent 5 or so a year. I also buy less and less games though too, but easily around 10 a year. Mostly due to availability of online reviews and message boards steering me away from lower quality games.

Well count me as a sap then but IMO Halo 3 is better than Halo 2. Actually I'm finding it on par of Halo 1, maybe a little better due to I think its slightly harder than the original.

kinda easy since halo2 sucked compared to halo 1 no wait compared to any sequel except timesplitters future perfect which blowed compared to timesplitters 2. i love ts2

well if they came out with a halo movie they could presell tickets and they could make a 100 million before the movie came out.

yeah and you could pay 20 dollars extra to get the helmet shaped popcorn bucket which includes all flavors

kinda easy since halo2 sucked compared to halo 1 no wait compared to any sequel except timesplitters future perfect which blowed compared to timesplitters 2. i love ts2

yeah and you could pay 20 dollars extra to get the helmet shaped popcorn bucket which includes all flavors

and a free pack of cards for the new card game :-/

Back