• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1700+ Thoroughbred????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Is that your gf in your avatar? (i have something in mind to say, but of corse it doesnt follow oc.com guide lines ;) )

But anyways.

I guess ill work on upgrading my memory first, then after ill get a new cpu.

OC-Master said:
the cpu your looking for is the AthlonXP 1800+ T-bred B. They are expected to start shipping next month.

I think that one is being eagerly anticipated by all AMD overclockers :)

That's not his girl as explained here.

(well, okay, maybe not after we perverted the hell out of that thread :p , sorry Thelemac :) )

Yeah the 1800+ TBred B is definitely what I'm waiting for as well. Two of them will be going in my duallie.... :D

:cool:

I'll hopefully be able to jack them right up to 150 FSB and with as easy as these chips unlock I'll be able to play with multiplier as well. 2 GHz out of each on high end air would be nice, and not bad for (what I hope will be) about $80 chips.

Pinky said:
Part of me is excited... my rev 2.0 8kha+ is now supported with the correct bios...

8kha.jpg

bios (it's beta and I have yet to install it on my system to see if it works)

What do you mean your board is now supported with the correct bios?

Tipycol said:

What do you mean your board is now supported with the correct bios?

Yes! IN a way...

You'll notice the first release of the 8kha+ isn't being supported, aparently the later revision had something to do with power regulation or voltages allowed for the cpu on the board (or both). The latest bios probably only allows the board to recognize a thoroughbred (multiplier and default lowered default voltages), but there's still the hardware requirement of revison 2.0 .

Last edited:
you guys messed with those 1700 tb's yet? i'm interested to see how they do, apparantly i desroyed my agoia 0213 1600:(
i need to replace it, and for under $100 USD. i was planning on just ordering another 1600 but there's no telling what stepping i'd get. from the litte bit i've heard tb b's are doing at least as good or a bit better than the 1600 pally's. what's the word eh? worth the extra $25??

juliendogg said:
you guys messed with those 1700 tb's yet? i'm interested to see how they do, apparantly i desroyed my agoia 0213 1600:(
i need to replace it, and for under $100 USD. i was planning on just ordering another 1600 but there's no telling what stepping i'd get. from the litte bit i've heard tb b's are doing at least as good or a bit better than the 1600 pally's. what's the word eh? worth the extra $25??

If you want unlocked multis, buy it from newegg.com and pay the extra 5bones for a year warrenty. (incase u use to much voltage ;) )
But upgradeing from a 1600+ isnt worth it IMO, but liek you said since u killed yours, if i were you id get it, or wait till the Tbred-B 1800+ next month (those are being claimed to do 2ghz+ easy)

Tbreds at newegg

XP 1600+ mobile 1.5v A @ $120
XP 1700+ 1.65v A @ $75
XP 1800+ mobile 1.5v A @ $188
XP 2200+ 1.65v A @ $144
XP 2400+ 1.6v B @ $185
XP 2600+ 1.65v B @ $289
XP 2700+ 1.65v B @ $365

Not sure on these prices. Newegg is down for maintenance right now.

Last edited:
Dissolved said:

If you want unlocked multis, buy it from newegg.com and pay the extra 5bones for a year warrenty. (incase u use to much voltage ;) )
But upgradeing from a 1600+ isnt worth it IMO, but liek you said since u killed yours, if i were you id get it, or wait till the Tbred-B 1800+ next month (those are being claimed to do 2ghz+ easy)

definately not waiting till next month, i gotta have somethin fairly cheap quick, my only back up pc is this 533 celly. i'm not a happy o/c'er just now. even less happy as i was getting near 2ghz with that 1600.

arkaine, i know the price for that 1700 tb is right, i was looking this morning. the 1600 pally is going for $55 @ newegg. so an extra $20? not too bad if the tb has a chance of getting 100+mhz more o/c.

XP's

Exactly my thoughts, Dissolved. I ordered a 1600+ last night and then saw the 1700 TB a few minutes after I sent my order. Have to wait until Monday to call newegg customer service during business hours and get them to change it. But then, I don't think I'd be happy with a Tbred A @ even 2 Ghz.

1) Because I probably can't get that speed unless I water-cool. 2) Its gonna be hotter than my palomino no matter what I try, and I already am walking a thin line on hot days with my computer in the garage.

So I think I'll stick with my palomino and go for 1.8 Ghz. I have 3 rigs and one is still running a Thunderbird. Will just resist the urge until either a cheap Tbred with good OC'ing comes along, or wait until next summer and get a decent stepping Barton. With all these XP 1600's I've got, I can just get a dual board to clear some room for Tbred or Barton upgrades.

1700 tbred pricing just went clunk. Now $58 at newegg. Very tempting. I just got my agoia 1600 about two months ago, but I've been disappointed with it. Doesn't quite make 1.8ghz watercooled.

juliendogg said:

understandable, but what happened with your 1700 tb a? did you cancel the order or something?

Nope it's on its way. Still better than a AGOIA Palomino. With a Prometeia I should hit 2.1ghz. As soon as I can I'll get a 1800+ AIUCB though.

If the 1700+ Tbred A is the same stepping as the 2200+ Tbred A it should do pretty well. People got the 2200+ to 2.2-2.3(maybe even higher) GHz and up with pelts and Vapochill.

The best part is, it's cheap. A $60 chip isn't as bad as a $170 chip when you fry it, yet it's "the same chip" when it comes to core stepping.

If I burn it up with too much voltage or crush it putting the Prometeia cooling head on, oh well. The 1800+ AIUCB should be around by then and cheap, so it'll be an excuse to upgrade.

since these puppies are unlocked, will any board with multiplier control work or only on the KT400 chipset?

I just got in a 2400 TB and it wont boot if I change the multi on my A7N266C. By FSB overclocking I got to 2.31GHz with temps at 42C (air)...I'll wait for a reasonably priced A7N8X board right after Xmas I think. But I can see this 1700 TbredA or the 1800 TBredB as a solid replacement on the nForce1 board after I get the nForce2 board.:cool:

grrrr, shoulda ordered that t-bred.. gone now.
guess i'm takin my chances w/ another 1600, oh well, for 52 bucks who can complain?

Back