• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1950x 1920x owners. what are you using for cooling?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Clutch_Head

i'm planning a 1950x threadripper build soon for a workstation. goal is 3.8Ghz all cores with moderate voltage.

what are you folks using? please list...
  • cooler
  • core clock
  • core voltage
  • ambient, and core temps (with 27°C offset figured in)

thanks

Every chip is different so voltage and especially temps will be different than what you will have.

That said, if you are looking aio, be sure to look for those made for TR as it has a bigger block to cover the whole IHS. Id look at a 2x120/140mm aio for those clocks with that cpu...or high end air like nhd15..

thanks

yes, i'm looking for specific cooling solutions. keeping coverage of the ginormous IHS of the Threadripper in mind.
nhd15? i don't see TR4 socket support for that. i was looking at the NH-U14S TR4-SP3.

i'm leaning toward high end air. if i had to go water it would be a custom loop.

U14S we just reviewed on the front page, not TR version though. check it out.

Oops, yeah, thought it had a TR variant...

right on. i did see that review. very informative. :) glad to see my NH-D14 listed up there.
i hope you guys get a chance to play around with a 1950x and a NH-U14S TR4-SP3.
would like to see some moderate clocks of what the chips 'wants to do'. instead of shooting straight for 4-4.1Ghz

the 1950x sure is posing a challenge to block/heatsink manufacturers.
in both IHS size, and surface area needed to dissipate the heat of 16 cores.

I have seen more AIOs respond to that block size than air, honestly. Those are beasts, especially when pusing the clocks. Honestly, go custom water is my take. :)

right on. i did see that review. very informative. :) glad to see my NH-D14 listed up there.
i hope you guys get a chance to play around with a 1950x and a NH-U14S TR4-SP3.
would like to see some moderate clocks of what the chips 'wants to do'. instead of shooting straight for 4-4.1Ghz

the 1950x sure is posing a challenge to block/heatsink manufacturers.
in both IHS size, and surface area needed to dissipate the heat of 16 cores.

I will probably test 1920X+NH-U14S TR4-SP3 in 1-2 weeks. Not sure when motherboard arrives. Should be next week if won't be any delays. Of course I had to pick something less standard - ASRock X399M Taichi.

[edit] could someone with a youtube account ask this guy why he has his rad face down on the desk?
Look more closely at the vid... its raised and sitting on something.

Back