• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1N914 Diode inquiry

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ovilialee

I’m thinking about building something from the parts drawer. A pair of 1N914 diodes are used in the enclosed discovered circuit. I’ve got a pair of BYY31s. Although I’ve studied datasheets, diodes remain a mystery to me. Would they be able to make the circuit work? I’m not concerned about duplication, but I do believe that replying to a CV is crucial. I’d use mil-spec LM118s rather than TL082s because that’s what I have.
Before drilling faceplate holes in stock, I intend to breadboard. Do you have any suggestions, or should I wait a few days and purchase parts?
The circuit’s text says that a CV of.05 to 10 volts may produce a frequency range of 100Hz to 10kHz. I’m not bothered with its linearity; all that matters to me is that its frequency of oscillation varies significantly within that voltage range.

Ok, what circuit are you talking about?

A 1N914 is a small signal high speed switching diode, 100V .2 amps
A BYY31 is a 150v 1 amp diode, low speed switching

Switching is how fast a diode turns on or off when current is flowing forward or reverse.
Also diodes let current go in only 1 direction.

Get 1N914 here

Back