• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.26GHz is Excellent!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spit

Registered
I got mine yesterday, apart from an initial problem im now running at 2918MHz 171MHz bus. 1.65v actual. Gonna do the Volt mod when i get chance and go for 3GHz :)

Pack date was 5/8/02

I am at work so shall post the other details 2moro.

Machine is:

2.26 @ 2.91
Abit BD7II Raid
2x 256Mb Samsung PC2700 Original
2x80Gb Maxtor ATA133 (Raided)
Geforce 4 4600 320/730
Audigy

Seems to be super stable.

What is the best bios? I am running the one it came with.

I defected from an AthlonXP 1900+ and couldnt be happier, massive speed increase :D I was with AMD for 2 years previous. The thoroughbred looked crap so i took the plunge.

Thanks everybody, happy clocking

Hey, I'm also getting ready to stray from Amd and am looking at the 2.26 P4 and an IT7. What kind of cooling are you using?

CSHawkeye81 said:
yeah thats my next plung myself, and how much do you think i could get for my 1.6a anyhow???
sell it on ebay, it seems that the prices are going up a little. i n=know a place where you can get the 2.26b for $265 shipped, if you can get it cheaper, do it if not, let me know.:D

I got my 2.26b at 3,008mhz. YEAH!!! Lets see AMD do that!

krag said:
I got my 2.26b at 3,008mhz. YEAH!!! Lets see AMD do that!

Common help me out here post some SiSandra benchmarks on these 3ghz intel cpu's I've gotta see something here.

jdmcnudgent said:
sell it on ebay, it seems that the prices are going up a little. i n=know a place where you can get the 2.26b for $265 shipped, if you can get it cheaper, do it if not, let me know.:D

www.googlegear.com has it for $158 and $2 2nd day fedex.

Spit

I have the same mb & chip coming soon. I went with the Swifty MCX462U & Corsair PC3200 256mb one stick

I will do the chip pin wrap as soon as I get it

Would you be so kind as to tell me what bios settings you used to get to 2.9?

voltage core
voltage memory
fsb
pci bus divider
memory timings
cpu memory divider
enhanced dram performance - on or off

And any other important setting which may help

Thanks in advance

Back