• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.4c m0 seems to be unstable with overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sramjones

Disabled
I have a 2.4c and my pcs specs are in my sig. When i overclock my computer software takes longer to load than when its not overclocked. such as internet explorer takes about 10 seconds to open when pc is overcloked and its instant when openend without it being overcloked

You answered your own question.
stock intel HSF? @_@

You're probably getting thermal throttling, but I didn't think that would kick in except at REALLY high temps (like > 75 C?)

are you -sure- the fan is even spinning when it's at 3.5 g?
I would think you would just bluescreen or crash, instead of the CPU kicking itself down to 500 mhz....

Run SuperPI at 2.4 ghz, then run it at 3.5 ghz.
Does it complete? What are the times?

vinny77 said:
i get about 35 degrees under full load running prime 95

35c at full load with the stock HSF????
how many case fans do you have? 10?

what voltages are you running?

and let us know the anser to what memory do you have/ what mem ratio?

mica

i have 3 case fans i caouldent belive it either but the temp never goes to high

I can ocz pc4100 cl 2.5 i tried cl 3.0 and it didnt make a difference

I ran super pi and at 3.5 ghz my pc crapped out on test 6 of the 32m

i am going to run it stock now

Figuring that it wasn't actually stable at that speed, which could come from many things. You didn't mention what ram you're using and what speed you have it at, nor did you mention if you're running your AGP and PCI busses at stock speed or not. There's a ton of things that we'd need to know before helping...

ok sure i have OCZ pc 4200 at cl 2.5 512mb

my vcore is 1.675

my agp is 1.6

um my memory is at 400 mhz

66/33

i have agp/pci priority

ok i tried adusting the memory and it didnt work i tried putting it to a cl 3 and internet exploere took 15 seconds to open at a 270 fsb i then tried a 220 fsb with a cl 2 and it took 11 seconds now i am at stock and it takes 6 seconds and sometimes only 3

Albuquerque said:
There's a ton of things that we'd need to know before helping...

such as what Vcore?
and what vdimm, and what mem ratio, and, and, and.....

we are here to help.

yet it's so hard when you only give us drips and drabs.

if you don't know what we are talking about....
hey, just ask.
it's no big deal realy, we were all new at one time.

mica

also could it be becouse i have a 4200 rpm drive. idk it seems like its a new problem but i have had the pc since christmas and i dont remember it taking this long. i am not sure if its a new or old problem

Even at 220 it does that? It seems more like you're having other issues, it really sounds like your AGP / PCI busses really aren't running at stock clock. Just asking of course, but you did make sure they are locked at 66/33? Harddrives can get pretty irritated when the speeds get out of whack.

Outside of that, I want to say either thermal issues or some wierd OS issue. Find your max stable overclock using Prime (it likely will not be 3.5ghz from what you mentioned earlier with SuperPi), and then double-check it with MemTest86. If they both work great after 24 hours of constant use (each), and your machine still exhibits those same issues, I'd say wipe it and reload it. If that still doesn't fix it and everything else seems in order, it just might be your motherboard.

My 2.4C M0 would do 3.4ghz on stock voltage and 3.5ghz on 1.6v and a voltmodded motherboard, but the board itself exhibited texture tearing at 288+ FSB's and would not remain stable when doing anything 3D for extended periods (but Prime and Memtest were ok, go figure :rolleyes: ). I had purchased four of the same board and they all had the same issue.

Hence the reason I've swapped out for a 3.0C for daily duty tasks; I can get better processor speed and still retain a decent memory speed.

so i should put it to 3.5 ghz and run memtest 86 for 24 hrs. i dont understand and i have already reinstalled windows with a wioe and i get the same issue

have u defragged...i know it isnt the only thing but its also good to keep your performance up..if not use PerfectDisk v6....have u mentioned if u set your Vdimm to its Max and tried 5:4 divider which is 333Mhz in the Bios on Asus boards

i did memtest 86 on 3.3 ghx i couldent get it up to 3.5 idk whey i didnt have the patients but i ran it for 15 min and there was no errors

Back