• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 - 8800GTX in SLI really really hot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That is true. Ideally, a bong setup would provide the best "Pretty darn near silent" setup in those instances....

Elif Tymes said:
You can't have silence and highest end performance. In cases like that, I'd swap in a VF900 CU and knock down the fan speed. Admittedly, a good watercooling loop would be quiter, but for $300+ just to get a good silent loop, it's not cost effective...

You can't have total silence and high end, high performance on WC anymore, Very quite yes but silent no.

Air wise the stock coolers on the 8800GTS and GTX's are as good as they get. Swapping a VF900 on then
would seriously hurt the cooling performance with no betterment in noise output at all.

Remember to that a good water loop and be reused over and over on upgrades for years so amortized the cost
of that loop goed down over time and upgrades.

Viper

Last edited:
Elif Tymes said:
That is true. Ideally, a bong setup would provide the best "Pretty darn near silent" setup in those instances....

If that Bong is filled with the right stuff you wouldn't give a damn how much noise the cooling system made lol.

Viper

ViperJohn said:
If that Bong is filled with the right stuff you wouldn't give a damn how much noise the cooling system made lol.

Viper

I lold. :beer:

SuperDave1685 said:
lmao John... are we talking from experience here? ;)

Personally inhaled no as I found I didn't liked it the first couple of times I tried it. My first wife and most
of our friends were major pot heads thoughs. They went through the damn stuff by the key...literally!
That was 25 or so years ago.

Viper

Back