• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 Gigs of OCZ -Platinum 1600 DDR3 - D9GTR at Newegg - $249.99

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kunaak

heres the ram at newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...top+Memory)-_-OCZ+Technology++Inc.-_-20227256

heres a review showing the ram heatsinks taken apart, showing it uses D9GTR.... good stuff, if you want some DDR3.

http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews.php?/memory/ocz_platinum_pc3-12800_ddr3-1600_ddr3_2gb_kit/1

heres a simple view to the OCZ product page, with lots of review links for this ram.

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_ddr3_pc3_12800_platinum_dual_channel

1600 mhz quality ram, with good potential below $300 is rather rare, at $260, its damn nice.
I read about 10 different reviews on this ram yesterday, and to summarize it, the range I seen, was from 1750 mhz to 1980 mhz for the overclocks.
all reviewers had different hardware, but it shows atleast the ram has some good potential behind it.
theres also 1 person here showing 1000 at cas 7-6-6 but that is extremely rare for any ram, so I wouldnt get any dreams of seeing another set like that any time soon.

either way, I orderd a set last night, should be here around the end of the week. I will post some results with it then.

boards I have to try.

Maximus Extreme, and P5K3 Deluxe.
both boards great in thier own way.
got a nice selection of CPU's I've kept that can all do over 550 FSB easy, so nothing to hold me back from trying to push this ram as far as I can.

theres also 1 person here showing 1000 at cas 7-6-6 but that is extremely rare for any ram, so I wouldnt get any dreams of seeing another set like that any time soon.
Maximus Extreme, and P5K3 Deluxe.
both boards great in thier own way.
got a nice selection of CPU's I've kept that can all do over 550 FSB easy, so nothing to hold me back from trying to push this ram as far as I can.

Just curious, what is so impressive about 1000 at 7-6-6?

its easy to do close to that speed.
but alotta times when you see people with crazy overclocks on thier ram, they had to completly neuter the ram to do it.

like running all the sub timings at 10+.
or setting a performance level of 12 or higher.
or running 2T.

corsair tends to make some great ram, and the P5E3 is definatly a solid board that boots pretty well at almost any speed.

I am curious, can you run transaction booster at +3, CMD at 1T, and leave the sub timings at Auto?
Asus does pretty well to leave those settings at auto, while maintaining some nice speed.
then run cas 7-6-6 at 1000?

I'd be curious to see how that compares to my own ram.
I can't get 1000 at any speed easy.
but I can get to 1900 - 1950, with some incredible latencies.
I am always curious to see someone elses ram in action.
so few have DDR3 and are pushing it.

its easy to do close to that speed.
but alotta times when you see people with crazy overclocks on thier ram, they had to completly neuter the ram to do it.

like running all the sub timings at 10+.
or setting a performance level of 12 or higher.
or running 2T.

corsair tends to make some great ram, and the P5E3 is definatly a solid board that boots pretty well at almost any speed.

I am curious, can you run transaction booster at +3, CMD at 1T, and leave the sub timings at Auto?
Asus does pretty well to leave those settings at auto, while maintaining some nice speed.
then run cas 7-6-6 at 1000?

I'd be curious to see how that compares to my own ram.
I can't get 1000 at any speed easy.
but I can get to 1900 - 1950, with some incredible latencies.
I am always curious to see someone elses ram in action.
so few have DDR3 and are pushing it.

Figures....just tore it down and replaced it with a DDR2 mobo....Vista Ultimate x64 runs like crap with only 2Gb of RAM. I did 7-7-7-18 up to around 1950, anything above didnt' seem to matter what voltage or timings, just wouldn't run.

I have it all torn down now, and listed in the classies. :( If I had an extra PSU to power it up, I'd do it just to see. You could always buy the ram from me! :)

this stuffs the real deal.

1 ghz easy, at 2.2 volts or close.
benchmarkers ram definatly.
dont be dumb and run 2.2 into it daily though.
great for benchmarking though, responds to voltage great.
great ram. great for the price for sure.

top OC so far.

1091 cas 8-8-8-25 at 1T. 2.3 volts.
scared to death to go any higher.

more results here.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2771930#post2771930

Attachments

• 1060 1m.jpg
    1060 1m.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 153
  • memory-1091.jpg
    memory-1091.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 151
  • memory-1070.jpg
    memory-1070.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 163
OKay, hooked everything back up for you. Might just run Ultimate x32....this thing just feels so much faster than my DDR2 system.

What did you want me to try?

Attachments

• cachemem.png
    cachemem.png
    70.2 KB · Views: 144
7-6-6-18-1T. your running CR2 at the moment.
Transaction booster to enable 3.
near 1 ghz, thats where you said you ram could go.
I am just wondering how crazy that must look.
thats alot of bandwidth and speed.

thats all I can do.
I can get up to 1093.
but after 20 tries, I cannot get an inch higher.
2T doesnt help.
lower cas doesnt help.
1093 is the tops I got.

Back