• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 hours per frame?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
mtb856 said:
You'll get the most points from the 600 and 364 pointers...... they process faster than the smaller WU's so you get more points in a week on those than you would if you got straight 100 point WU's.

Actually it's the 100% bonus that makes them so attractive not that they process faster, except as noted below.

Ryu: I think your frame times are messed up b/c there's no way you're betting my P4 ;)

For whatever reason (integrated memory controller IMHO) these big WUs definately favor the A 64s. My FX-53 running at stock whips out p1475 at an astonishing 10:00 per frame, almost 500 ppd. It's nowhere close on the other big units, 27:00 per frame, ~320ppd. I don't understand why there is such a difference on the FX-53 while the P4 and Xeon rigs produce about the same on p1134,1135,1140,1141 as on p1475.

mtb: lol my a64 is outclocking your p4... my a64 performs at around 3.8-3.9ghz p4... so nice try :p

and it also depends on which client your using... i believe the gui uses 200-300 frames total instead of the EMIII of 100. somhow im not even sure how you got the wu if your doing 6 hrs per frame! that seems just a lil crazy to me @_@

I get about 55 minutes a frame on a p4 @ 3.4ghz (HT, 2 instances). This works out to around 150 PPD per instance

mtb, are you running 2 instances on your P4? That's probably why your frame times are higher. I get about 55 mins per frame on the 600 pointers while running 2 instances on my P4 that is the exact same speed as yours, while I get 34:43 from a Barton @ 2.2GHz on the same WU that Fizzled posted.

Oh..... duh. That would make sense wouldn't it? :p

I always forget A64's don't have HT........ I've run two instances for so long I don't even think about it anymore.

I guess in that case I get anywhere from 22-27 minutes per frame on average :D

Back