• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$2000 budget for laptop.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shoutout33

Registered
What's up people. As the title box states, I have $2000 to go towards a laptop. Now, I know this is gaming laptop money, but it doesn't have to be one. Here are some key features I need:

-lightweight
-if possible, very good battery life
-something that doesn't look like a "gaming" laptop
-17" screen preferably

As you guys and gals reply, I will answer and adjust my questions accordingly. Many thanks in advance for you help.

LOL! Thanks Witchdoctor, I see. LOL! I don't need ALL of that though, as I already have a gaming PC. I'm looking for something that's slim and portable for a 17" laptop. I may do some gaming, but nothing crazy on this. Thanks for the reply though. I'm still looking at their site.

If you're not looking for a gaming laptop, then why have such a high budget? I would assume $8-$900 tops would buy you a very nice machine that will suffice for your use. Even $600 would be fine.

If you're not looking for a gaming laptop, then why have such a high budget? I would assume $8-$900 tops would buy you a very nice machine that will suffice for your use. Even $600 would be fine.

Point taken Bishoff. I did say that I might do some "light" gaming though. Plus, I have yet to find a 17" laptop in the price range you are suggesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Check out the Acer Aspire V Nitro. Pretty much fits your description perfectly, and it's $500 under budget ($600 at Newegg).

Thanks Dlaw, this is damn near what I'm looking for. Only kicker is, I'm not the biggest Acer fan. Have they been doing better with the quality of their products? Also, have any of you guys heard of the Gigabyte P37X?

Acer is pretty solid as far as laptops are concerned. They're all my family has used since 2006, and all but one (my old one) are still used every day. The one that isn't, I beat into the ground with so many reformats, rage quits and other shenanigans that tear down even the toughest of machine. I gave it to a friend for parts, but it still worked fine, aside from needing a new keyboard and HDD.

Acer is pretty much my go to brand for laptops, they generally have the best specs in any given price range, and they are tough.

Yea, Lenovo is great, but I can't find anything on their website that really competes with the Acer that I posted a link to before hardware wise. The Lenovo in the same price range is spec'd the same except it has less total storage space (1 512GB SSD vs 1 256GB SSD + 1 1TB HDD) and weighs more.

This is the one I'm looking at.

If you go with that Lenovo, the best accessory is this one:

3YR In-Home + Accidental Damage Protection[add $219.00 $175.20]

It the hardware does out, they will show up and fix it. If you damage it accidentally, it's still send it into the depot, but covered as well. Many manufacturers have similar options through their direct websites.

Back