• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

200W psu? lol

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wagex

Chapstick Eating Premium Member
but really im trying to find a ~200w psu, even 250 i suppose but i dont need to go overkill because its going to be turned on and never touched again for all eternity ;)

ok so its not that hard to find one that size... big problem though, are any of them decent, does anyone know? lol

these are the brand that make the baby ones

athena (jonny says that is no good)
HEC (same here)
Sparkle cant find anything
Apevia (poop)
FSP nothing
Apex
SPI
diablotek (nah)

edit might just go with the seasonic 300w oem but if i pay 40 bucks for that might as well get a corsair 430

Last edited:
What's wrong with going with a slightly higher wattage? You know it doesn't draw that much if it's not being used, right :D

But looking at newegg, the lowest wattage I can find from a brand I would actually trust are a couple 300w seasonics.

yea i do. but i dont want to spend the money for an extra wattage psu that is going to sit on a shelf and power a probably 50w system that will pull like 150 peak

and i know its worth it to spend the extra money for a quality psu, but no one has really tested these i dont think so perhaps at 250w they could be pretty decent.

ah thanks :D im gonna look around at home i though i bought an antec a cew months ago but i cant remember what machine its in or even if i still have it lol.

ah thanks :D im gonna look around at home i though i bought an antec a cew months ago but i cant remember what machine its in or even if i still have it lol.

If I remember right, Antecs aren't terrible. I mean, I'm running a 400w Neo Eco in my "do sketchy things to this" PC, and it hasn't blown up yet.

As for the list in your first post, I'm also not 100% sure on these, but Sparkle and FSP should also be fairly mid range, and are actually OEMs for a couple other brands. Don't quote me on that though.

Back