• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2013 Chimp Challenge Race Updates & Musings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Got my living room HTPC up again. Just needed a new PSU and all good! Went from a sketchy 750W Kingwin to a beastly 900W Antec High Current with 4 40A 12V rails!! (I now have them in both rigs!)

@WTF, Eroc!

10 pm update.

We're down to just 12M - let's pick up the pace!

cc_0418_2200hrs.PNG

HWC is headed for CustomPC & Bit-tech - but it will have to fold a bit faster to catch them, imo.

TPU! is surging up to OCAU again. Likely to pass them before morning. Since it's daytime in Au right now, it can't be a surprise. I hate to think that OCAU has no strength to respond.

"Welcome to Fight Club.
The first rule of Fight Club is:
you do not talk about Fight Club.

You fold!"​

Last edited:
They are having a running gun battle with the bomber suspects in Boston. One captured, the second one is being searched for, house to house.

Pretty sure they are the right two guys since they had IDE's with them. At least one MIT police officer is dead!

11 pm update.

Our lead is at 12M, with no other movement in the upper three teams.

In the lower group, TPU! has again passed OCAU, but is unable to get any substantial separation from them. They may be swapping back and forth several times and throughout the rest of the race.

Surely one of them will recruit somebody to join them?

"I'm the king of the world work units!"​

I wonder who that is (pitcrew) he passed me like that too :))) out of nowhere to boot

btw I hope Im reading this right, we are winning right ? :) so as long as no hidden surprises we should win this year too

The Pit_Crew is a handful of folders from a team - PitCrew@PCPitStop, that is racing with us, this year.

Yes, they do fold right along!

Ozzlo, ZL1, don't be afraid, its a friendly force =]
BTW, it looks like our team is going to hit 10 billion points milestone before the CC ends !

5 am update:

Our lead is 11 M - definitely not safe. We had some good updates on EOC this morning. It didn't help us, however. :(

The real action is in the lower tier of teams. HWC has moved up, and really cut into the lead of CustomPC & Bit-tech. If that continues, look for HWC to pass Bit-tech, by tonight or tomorrow.

OCAU is still in the caboose. TPU! is not taking gentle requests to move back down from the Aussies, thank you very much. :D

cc_0419_0500hrs.PNG

"You're gonna need a bigger
boat work unit"​

I wonder who that is (pitcrew) he passed me like that too :))) out of nowhere to boot

btw I hope Im reading this right, we are winning right ? :) so as long as no hidden surprises we should win this year too

This just my opinion....but we won't know the winner till Tue night. If any one of the teams who can't win decides to kick in with any of the top 3 that team should win. So if we are courteous and treat are competitors with the respect they deserve...we might be lucky enough to win.

One things for sure, we cant win it before Tue...but can sure lose it. We need all the outside help we can Muster. We cant do it alone.

We need to keep at it hard till after the race. Not one of us can afford to quit early. Its not as big an issue as years past since we are folding in our own names. We just need to endure the heat and the tendency to shut a few clients off early thinking its over.

Last edited:
This just my opinion....but we won't know the winner till Tue night. If any one of the teams who can't win decides to kick in with any of the top 3 that team should win. So if we are courteous and treat are competitors with the respect they deserve...we might be lucky enough to win.

One things for sure, we cant win it before Tue...but can sure lose it. We need all the outside help we can Muster. We cant do it alone.

We need to keep at it hard till after the race. Not one of us can afford to quit early. Its not as big an issue as years past since we are folding in our own names. We just need to endure the heat and the tendency to shut a few clients off early thinking its over.

well of course and shutting down didnt even cross my mind, I just really want us to win :) last time i participated was 2009 (yes long break i know) but as far as i can recall we did win 2009

I'm in til the last day, then I have to go and try to mow over some who passed me in the last few days.
It will be fun especially when I pass bigted again.
He has upped his game and called me out when he went by in my thread where I asked him if he wanted to dance when I went by him the first time. :D

And I am having fun in my first CC event.
Maybe next year there will be more teams in the race.

well I just recruited one of my friends to the cause :)

Good job! :thup:

12 pm update.

Our lead has extended a bit - we need to extend it a lot more however.

Since the race began, we have folded (a low approximate) 14,323 work units! :clap:

cc_0419_1200hrs.PNG

HWC is 15M shy of CustomPC & Bit-tech, atm. TPU! leads OCAU by 1M.

I've asked two other teams to consider running in the CC, next year.

Last edited:
1 pm update.

Our lead is finally starting to extend a little - which is necessary.

EVGA has fallen back, relative to VGT. I doubt if they will be a threat to either VGT or us.

HWC has ended it's rally, and is no longer catching up with CPC&Bit-tech.

That leaves the lower teams still with the least separation between teams - incredibly close for this late in the race.

cc_0419_1300hrs.PNG

"It's alive! folding! It's alive! folding!"​
Frankenstein

Last edited:
Calling for 40f here tonight was thinking overclock the CPU200mhz per core also!!!

Last edited:
Back