• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2060 Super vs 3070ti for re-encoding and ripping 4k/bluray discs and re-encoding

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leo5111

2060 Super vs 3070ti for re-encoding and ripping 4k/bluray discs and re-encodingi mean is it a lot faster or a little?

Not sure... id imagine little difference unless its av1.. its the same encoder, but adds av1.

Not sure... id imagine little difference unless its av1.. its the same encoder, but adds av1.
30 series had AV1 decoding added but no encoder. AV1 encoding wasn't added until 40 series.

Between Turing and Ampere NVENC got a generational update but feature wise they're the same. I don't know what difference the generational difference makes.

well i was also asking about encoding speed if the newer card would be any faster at same quaility

We weren't sure offhand, sorry. When I have more time, I'll try to google some answers for ya... something you can also do while waiting.

ive been looking but they talk differntly about certain things so hard to understand for sure to me

that simply tells me that neither the 2060S or 3070ti have the av1 encoder doesnt tell me speed differnce between the 2

i was not complaining at you just fusterated dont want to get the 3070ti if encoding differnce it very small

I'm with you on the journey. Seems like they are similar, but not sure how the card's performance factors in.

You could always buy one and return it if wherever you get it from has a good return policy??

i shall keep you all updated said heck with it ordered refurbed 3070 ti with 3 year assurion warranty should come friday and supposedly amazon will let you return it within 90 days if defective
Post magically merged:

i do not game should i use game ready or studio driver?

I understand that nagging feeling of wanting to get it figured out or just buy something, but forum threads have the best results if some time is given. There very well may be someone who reads this in the next week and has had hands on experience with this. Many of us just stream our video content these days rather than dealing with physical media (not to be confused with streaming games using NVENC).

I did some poking around. Mostly un-sourced comments on reddit, which I would not use to make a purchase decision, but maybe to start giving an idea: user stated "Nvenc is the same a 2xxx and up", Here a few people seem to indicate that NVENC is better for streaming and faster, but CPU gives better results in handbrake, also some more general indication that the encoders are the same, and here some folks discuss gaming performance while streaming, seeming to imply some amount of GPU load, but I doubt it would be significant. My gut tells me that NVENC was meant for people streaming and gaming at the same time, and therefore it would not make sense for it to heavily use the GPU while doing it's thing. Are you sure that you wouldn't be better served spending your $500 on a 5950x?

I was referring to CPU. I'm not experienced in this and it was meerly a suggestion of a place to start with your own research. But some people definitely suggested that better results were obtained (at least in handbrake) using the CPU, even if it was slower.

i was looking a the rankings in each line up 2060-2070 etc the TI is the highest model before you go from say 2060 to 2070 its in in performance lowest is just 2060 next better is 2060 super THEN the TI model which is most powerful before getting to 2070

Back