• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

226 watt pelt with a 500 watt psu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
muahahaha that thing would dim the lights in ur house when u turned it on
but you could run ur cpu at about -100:D :D :D
haha that would be awesome
LoL.

~Magick_Man~

lol only if it went that way;)

BTW, I just re-read the thread, and be careful when aircooling peltiers, You will most likely need one of those 80cfm 80mm fans. Make sure that the peltier is being cooled completely, no spots not touching the heatsink, Also, you need proper clamping pressure, You cannot drill holes in that heatsink without the possibility of wrecking it because its a heatpipe.

You gotta make sure you get all this worked out too.

Jon

Its possible that it woudl work, its also possible that it wouldnt. If you ran the peltier at around 6-8v it probably woudl work but wouldnt bring you down to zero, I ran my pelt block at 5v once and I had 17c cold plate temp and 35c load at my current oc.
that woudl be different on aircooling though, little higher.

Jon

what about a 156 watt at 12v?
i think i might do that and put an 80 watt on my vid card, i just dont know

~Magick_Man~

It could work, but I wouldnt count on it getting awesome temps. try a lower voltage maybe. about 75% of the maximum.

Jon

i just want to get down to mid to high 20's
and on vid about 30-35
this 5900 runs HOT
i put as5 on it (maybe not the greatest idea)
and now my new idle temp is like 47°c
holy shiot!!
would a 80 watt pelt be enough for that or would i need more?
so many questions

Thnx, ~Magick_Man~

well if you want to do the 220 on the cpu, 10v would give you the best results, I did some calcs and thats what I got for close to that setup.

I dont have the specs on the 156 but I did some calculations on the 169 at dden, that at 12v will give you about the same results as the 220 on 10v, You'll also be drawing less power.

I have been wanting to aircool a peltier for quite some time, I havent had the cash to spend on a good heatsink lately, its all gone to other stuff.

I wonder what the C/W of a heatsink like that is with a heatsource as large as a peltier.

Jon

hmm now i think i will run a 169 watt pelt for the cpu and a 80 watt for the gpu both at 12v
ill prolly run the 80 off the antec ima gonna get it has a 24a +12v line so that would prolly work

Thnx, ~Magick_Man~

sounds good, how do you plan on cooling the 80w? also, Its still possible that itll be hard to cool the 169w peltier.

Do you have cold plates for these? or is that something you will need? if so, send me a PM, I might be able to help y a out:)

Jon

yeah i need everything all i have right now is the computer they are going in but none of the nessecary parts ie: pelts, etc..
i would like to stay with my sp-94 cuz i just got it and i dont really have the money to w/c right now
i can barely afford the parts ima gonna need for the pelt stuff

BTW what do you suggest to cool the 80 watt on the gpu i dont know what ima gonna do with that either.

Thnx, ~Magick_Man~

well by the looks of it, I am betting you that you can get a wc setup for that much, and get just as good or better results.

Jon

yeah you are prolly right but with a w/c setup i wouldnt get below ambient temps which are usually a little higher than i want my comy to run at.

~Magick_Man~

Back