• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

230mm sidecool mounting question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PlayMaker

Registered
Hey all, so the 230mm fan on the side of my Thermaltake Armor + went out so I bought a BitFenix Spectre Pro BFF-LPRO-23030B-RP 230mm Blue LED Case Fan. The fit is perfect and it looks great and seems to be working fine.

My question is - do I use the 4 screws to secure the mount from the outside or should i use the the stretchy rubber rivets instead? I haven't noticed anything wrong so far but I want to make I install it correctly. And of course there were no instructions in the box ;)

Thanks all!:temper:

Hey all, so the 230mm fan on the side of my Thermaltake Armor + went out so I bought a BitFenix Spectre Pro BFF-LPRO-23030B-RP 230mm Blue LED Case Fan. The fit is perfect and it looks great and seems to be working fine.

My question is - do I use the 4 screws to secure the mount from the outside or should i use the the stretchy rubber rivets instead? I haven't noticed anything wrong so far but I want to make I install it correctly. And of course there were no instructions in the box ;)

Thanks all!:temper:

If it fits and looks good and does what it's made to do, just do what makes it look good.

I have this exact same case -- which is strange because this massive, heavy case is old.
I removed the 230mm fan from my sidecover, because I couldn't find any way to filter it and it didn't seem to make any difference in cooling either my video card or CPU.

Do you have the aluminum Thermaltake Armor +? Or the all steel one?

I have 1 x HAF 932, 2 x HAF932 Advanced Black and 4 x HAF 932 Advanced Black with blue led fans, and all on wheels :) makes moving them around easy.

I guess the wheels must have some sort of parking brakes right?

Wheels wouldn't help much w/where my 40lb.s plus behemoth is located.
I have to lift it out. I'd like to get a handle, but I don't know if there's any place I can mount it that's strong enough to support all that weight.

The old IBM PS/2's had a really nice case design, they were plastic, but had some sort of metal grillwork inside the plastic (I guess to stop EMF). Do they make plastic cases anymore?

I have 1 x HAF 932, 2 x HAF932 Advanced Black and 4 x HAF 932 Advanced Black with blue led fans, and all on wheels :) makes moving them around easy.

The HAF32's are about 2lb.s lighter than the Armor+.

Can the Coolermaster HAF32's have the PSU mounted at the top or bottom or both?

The one good thing about having a top-mounted PSU is that I have plenty of room to mount thick, shrouded, powerful fans to my video card heatsink (a Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme Plus) down in the bottom of the case.

The HAF932's are about 2lb.s lighter than the Armor+.

Can the Coolermaster HAF932's have the PSU mounted at the top or bottom or both?

The one good thing about having a top-mounted PSU is that I have plenty of room to mount thick, shrouded, powerful fans to my video card heatsink (a Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme Plus) down in the bottom of the case.

You can have top or bottom mounted PSU

Back