• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[2nd Build] High End Liquid Cooled Gaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cursed Reality

Hello,

Thinking about upgrading my current PC (taking parts from old build and buying the ones listed below), and I have thought about these parts for awhile now, but I wanted some different perspectives.
*I like being up to date and on the bleeding edge.

Some info, this rig is for gaming / streaming 1080p, and I run 3x 27in monitors. Sometimes I play on 1, sometimes I play on 3. (Depending on game)

I am going to OC my CPU / GPU to stable clocks.

If you have any suggestions or thoughts about the build, drop a post.

*Money is not an issue.

Thanks.

CPU :

Intel - Core i7-4770K (Haswell)

Motherboard :

Asus Maximus VI Extreme (Haswell)

Memory :

Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR3 1866MHz CL9 Quad Channel Kit (4 x 4GB)

Storage : (Already Present)

1x Intel 520 SSD - 120gb
2x Caviar Black - 2TB

Video Card :

EVGA - GTX Titan
or
EVGA - GTX 780 (OCed Version)
or
EVGA - GTX 780 SLI (Worth it?)

Water cooled?

Case :

Cooler Master - Cosmos II or Corsair 900D

Power Supply :

Corsair - AX1200 (Already Present)

Liquid Cooling Option :

Water Block:Apogee HD or EK-SUPREMACY
Pump: MCP655-B
Radiator: MCRx20-QP "Quiet Power" Radiator Series (Triple 120mm)
Reservoir: FrozenQPCMods Liquid Fusion Blue Helix Reservoirs Polycarbonate Tubing 250MM

Fans :

Air Series SP120 High Performance Edition High Static Pressure 120mm (Radiator Fans)
Air Series AF120 Performance Edition High Airflow 120mm (Case Fans)

This is going to be my first "liquid cooled build" so any suggestions in regards to that would also be appreciated.
Looking forward to your answers .

Last edited:
Umm. We have a WCing forum.

Basic facts right. Older pump, good but old. Block and rad is fine. Res, sure if it floats your boat. 250mm, you know how long that is? It's huge, expensive and has no bearing on cooling.

Might want to read and learn in our STICKIES in the WC forum.

Usually the folks who get it right have a few weeks to at least a month of reading, understanding and learning before deciding on one single part.

Umm. We have a WCing forum.

Basic facts right. Older pump, good but old. Block and rad is fine. Res, sure if it floats your boat. 250mm, you know how long that is? It's huge, expensive and has no bearing on cooling.

Might want to read and learn in our STICKIES in the WC forum.

Usually the folks who get it right have a few weeks to at least a month of reading, understanding and learning before deciding on one single part.

Well I have about a month until all the parts I want are released, so thanks will do.
Would you recommend sticking with a specific company, like EK for example, or mix matching?

Last edited:
Read the stickies. And read more. Don't focus on the buy clicky clicky stuff. You know about heatload? Dt? Rads and the multitudes of low/high FPI rads, if they will fit, different types of tubing and pumps? And matching fans to the rad? Liquids and a biocide?

CYA in a few weeks. In a few weeks you can make an informed post in the right forum. I know watercooling and helped folks since 2008. Try it, it works.

Read the stickies. And read more. Don't focus on the buy clicky clicky stuff. You know about heatload? Dt? Rads and the multitudes of low/high FPI rads, if they will fit, different types of tubing and pumps? And matching fans to the rad? Liquids and a biocide?

CYA in a few weeks. In a few weeks you can make an informed post in the right forum. I know watercooling and helped folks since 2008. Try it, it works.

+1

Op, you should listen to Conumbrum advice, he's one of the very knowledgeable member here at OCF, he'll point you to the right way

At for the hardware that you plan to buy, i think you should go with the Corsair 900d(you say that money isn't matter), the 900d only cost $40 more then the Cosmos 2 but the water cooling option for that case is very impressive.
Check out the review of the 800d and you will see
Still want to go more extreme?
Mountain Mods Ascension CYO(custom build your own case)
http://www.mountainmods.com/CYO_picker.php?casnu=Ascension

Op, you should listen to Conumbrum advice, he's one of the very knowledgeable member here at OCF, he'll point you to the right way

At for the hardware that you plan to buy, i think you should go with the Corsair 900d(you say that money isn't matter), the 900d only cost $40 more then the Cosmos 2 but the water cooling option for that case is very impressive.
Check out the review of the 800d and you will see
Still want to go more extreme?
Mountain Mods Ascension CYO(custom build your own case)
http://www.mountainmods.com/CYO_picker.php?casnu=Ascension

Thanks for the 900D suggestion, noted.

Triple rad? Definitely 900d over the cosmos 2. Check out nevermore build log in water cooling forum... i've also linked to other cosmos2 builds in that thread. Well, okay, linked to 1 other, but mentioned a few others in CPU free online magazine.

Back