• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2nd line support job description

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Don_Z

Registered
Hey guys need some advice!
Im looking to take a step up the ladder to 2nd line IT support & would appreciate if anyone can give me a heads up on generally what is expected on the job, even better if anyone working in 2nd line already can give 'a day in the life of....' :)

I currently work in IT operations & do a bit of 1st line & some 2nd line already e.g checking services & cpu/disk space on servers after receiving automated warning & AV + server updates etc

any advice short or long & what I can do in my spare time to work towards 2nd line would be much appreciated

Not really sure what you mean by 2nd line. If you are talking about tier 2. Then it depends on the company. Are you looking at internal support or a managed service provider?

A general list of responsibilites for tier 2 would be implementation, escalations, and mid to high level server and network support. It really depends on the company. What is your goal or what do you want to do?

Back