• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2x6600GT suggestions...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g0dM@n

Inactive Moderator
XFX 6600gt refurb at newegg $149 shipped

MSI 6600gt refurb $148.20 shipped

Chaintech 6600gt refurb $150.99 shipped

I currently have a Gigabyte 6600GT pci-x, and I wanted a 2nd 6600gt. I don't know if I could make SLI work with different brands (I'm assuming I can flash BIOSes to match companies?). No clue what to do IF I can even do anything...

I still need to buy an SLI bridge, but just wondering what I could do in my situation... which 6600gt is a good OCer, and am I going to be able to do two different brands for SLI? (I like MSI's cooler)

^BUMP!!!

Can you use different brand 6600gts in SLI?

AFAIK SLI needs 2x the same card. That seems to be the advantage that ATI has with their multi-card setup.
I don't know if that means your cards needs the exact same structure or just the same bios, but I'd circumvent as many problems as possible by getting two of the exact same cards.

And stay away from refurbished cards if you plan on overclocking. Good luck!

Alright, well I just bought a Chaintech 6600gt refurb from newegg for 137.99 shipped.

Should I buy the Zalman VF700-CU , or the Zalman VF700-ALCU ?? (is the full copper worth it?)

They look really nice, and are cheaper than the NV Silencer 6 rev.2

In my DFI instruction manual it says it has to be the same brand, and same exact processor on the gpu.

stang8118 said:
In my DFI instruction manual it says it has to be the same brand, and same exact processor on the gpu.

It HAS to be the same GPU/amount/type of RAM, etc but you can also buy them from two different manufactuers and flash both their BIOSs to the SAME.

Yeah, I've flashed 6800 BIOSes before, but didn't know that you could to 6600s. I guess I'm set. I just need an SLI Bridge, but I can't seem to get a hold of one.

g0dM@n said:
Yeah, I've flashed 6800 BIOSes before, but didn't know that you could to 6600s. I guess I'm set. I just need an SLI Bridge, but I can't seem to get a hold of one.

Hmm, there was this one site selling them for like $10 I think...I can't remember where though, i'll keep you posted if I come across one.

I have a Gigabyte 6600gt already, and a Chaintech coming in the mail. I would have gotten MSI or XFX, but I got an awesome deal on the Chaintech.

I NEED AN SLI BRIDGE... PLEEEEEEEASE!

Back