• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.00 or 3.06 whats the diff

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lowbaby

they are the same price at newegg, but at the intel site they have diff bus to core ratio. what is "bus to core ratio"

also the 3.0 is a D1 stepping only. the bus to core is 15
the 3.06 is D1 and C1. the bus to core is 23

what would be the better oc'er 3.0/3.06 and D1 or C1

thanks.

Last edited:
3.06 is a 533 CPU or a P4B

3.0 is a 800 CPU or P4C

D1 is a better O/Cer, get the 3.0

I agree the D1 stepping is better and I'd much rather have the 3.0C than the 3.06... BUT, it depends on what motherboard you plan on using. The 3.0C might not be the best choice if you stay with the i845 chipset. If you are keeping your mobo, I'd look at maybe the 2.4B or something like that and then overclock the snot out of it.

batboy said:
I agree the D1 stepping is better and I'd much rather have the 3.0C than the 3.06... BUT, it depends on what motherboard you plan on using. The 3.0C might not be the best choice if you stay with the i845 chipset. If you are keeping your mobo, I'd look at maybe the 2.4B or something like that and then overclock the snot out of it.

I did not take the MB into account, but you do bring up a good point. Who knows, it might not even be for the system in his sig.

im still working on a system that will beat the roomy.
so a new mobo is in the works.
i keep going from the new albatron 875 mobo
or an abit 875 mobo.
if i go with the abit should it be the ic7max 2 or the ic7max3(or if there is a better one than the ones listed.)
i dont see a lot of diff between them and the price is almost 50 dollars.
thanks for all the help.

With the i875 chipset, then 3.0C all the way, don't even consider the 3.06.

The IC7 series includes IC7, IC7-G, and IC7 Max3. The IC7-G has everything the regular IC7 does plus Gigabit on-board LAN and 4 SATA channels instead of 2 SATA channels. The Max3 has a better power regulation system and a fancy OTES cooling duct/fan for the power mosfets, plus vdimm up to 3.2v instead of 2.8v max. There are maybe a few other differences, but that's the main stuff.

If you already have an ethernet card and can live with 2 SATA channels, then save a few bucks and get the IC7.

Back