• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.2E SL7KC Problems.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xTrEmEoVrClOcKr

Alright, I tried a topout run with my 3.2E and I got it up to 4.01Ghz before it BSOD. My voltage was at 1.35 and it was idling at 45C. I was expecting in the 4.2Ghz range but I was completely wrong. My load temps where pretty low (55C) so it wouldn't be thermal throttling. I was expecting a better chip because, this cant even do 4ghz. Can I make 4ghz? Any suggestions?

Well, it could be time to do a droop mod as Ive heard you say. But, Im a little noob about hardmodding and I dont know how to solder, and I dont want to learn on a $179 board, if you catch my drift. Any more suggestions?

Practice..... you can get a cheap soldering iron at Rat Shack for about 15 bucks, just pick up some solder and flux (not necessary, but it can help make a stronger bond) and practice soldering on spare parts that you have laying around. I pulled a motherboard out of a dead computer and practiced soldering wires onto the mosfets and other chips..... it's not that hard, it just takes practice to get a steady hand.

I'm sure there are guides of how to solder online or a book at the library :the horror: :eek: on how to solder..... just look one up. ;)

Up the vcore, 1.35 is low, 1.50 seems to the be highest more people go, although you temps are already rather high, sort your load temp, and up the vcore.

Ok, I got it to 4.06Ghz stable. My vCore is 1.44V and it seems to be steady. Starts to get a little unstable at 4.1 or 4.2 :(. But, I have some benchies, Here they are.... Is 1.44 Vcore too high? Or can I do 1.5? I dont want a GNDS chip... or SNDS...

Your Vcore's fine. :cool:

Prescotts induce tons of Vcore droop. Check out your actual Vcore as displayed in cpu-z in your screenie you posted. See what I mean??? Unless you do the droop mod, you can safely run to around 1.5Vcore, and POSSIBLY a tad over. It'll easily droop 100mV+ (>0.1V) under load, back to 1.4V.

Vcore will not be an issue at 1.5V, or less, w/o the droop mod. Your main issue will be heat dissipation (cpu AND mobo components), and your secondary issue will be your mobo's ability to provide the power req'd for a 4G OC. Check out your temps (try the 'finger test') on your FETs, caps, & coils, under a long, heavy, steady load. Yowsa, huh??? :eek:

GL

Strat

Back