• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.2Ghz 800 FSB Quick question..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jon-onE

Registered
I have just bought (well tonight actually) a 3.2Ghz HT P4 cpu, I was wondering whats the best I could overclock this little beauty.
Has anyone overclocked these ? whats the ceiling ? Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks

Try it and see - most are hitting 3.5 without problems, if you are very lucky you may get 3.7-3.8 on air.
Have a look round, lots of people will have this chip or the 3ghz version.

/whips it out/

check my sig. the system is folding stable when i have the window open and my EXOS is pulling in cold air. I'm tempted to get the Prommy LS and see if I can get to 4.2+

i think most of the chips the ceiling reached is not because of the chip itself.
its either heat that stops it or other components.
my 3.2 has seen 4.3, runs 4.2 stable the 2.4 im on now i got to 3.5+ and the chip could go higher but my ram wasnt letting it.
to find a max OC for a 3.2 you will need some good ram and some good cooling, i have the ram in sig and cooling and still cant reach the top of them.

Back