• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3/8"ID and 1/2"ID, big performance difference???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
here is what i tell most customers..
go 1/2 inch. not because of more flow. but because later you will most likely go that way anyways and ou might as well skip spending the money on smaller diameter.

the popularity of 7/16 changes this slightly but if you want simple and easyest to upgrade parts for down the line 1/2 is your safest bet. ... and you know you will get addicted and end up doing it weather you like it or not.

LOL thor. That was one way to look at it :) Not sure i agree tho, ive been bouncing back and forth depending on space and design these lat 7 years, or at least 5 1/2-6 of them, allowing proper noob-time :) 1/2" does look beefier and it "feels" like its better/more performance.... But really IMHO any diameter short of 1/4" with a nuclear powerplat driven pump is really ok. Admited that 7/16 seems to be the optimal choice, but really can there rally be a pot of gold hidden in those few mm more diameter, do u think? I would say go with what is easiest to route, and what gives yo the shortest amount of tubing without any sharp bends/kinks.

Oh btw thor,look in your sig: Cooled is spelled with 1 "l" :p

Damn shame to ruin such an impressive sig with a damn typo:)

Back