• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

30 month old TIM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rainwater

So ya, just like in the title I have a package of Gelid GC-Extreme unused still sealed in it's package that I bought 2 1/2 years ago and I'm wondering if it's ok to use right now. I am in the process of slapping together a quick build and plan to proceed with installation and if someone catches me in time to say don't use it I will go buy something else. If it's too late then I will still go buy something else but just hoping to get a quick helpful response. Thanks
GC-Extreme.JPG

I used some AS Ceramique that was 10+ years old on my Ryzen last year for a brief time. Yeah temps went up a few C over the paste that came with the stock cooler, but it was functional.

It worked great btw. Accidentally used a little too much the first time. I remembered going, "Hmmm, that looks like a lot." LOL and it was. It would shhot up to 85c just installing a small program. Which means it was probably roasting thru the entire Windows installation. But cleaned it off and used much less and now it's great.

Back