• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3600w 90+ Platinum power supply (Chinese)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenrou

https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/news/chinese-80-plus-platinum-psu-pumps-out-3600w-of-power

Designed for cryptocurrency mining

“We assume that's a typo for 80 Plus Platinum – we're highly doubtful of the merchant's claims. The LX-3600W appears to sport a single-rail design and delivers up to 288A on the +12V rail.”

“...a standard 120V wall plug can't deliver this much power, so the unit requires a 160V-260V power input, saying, "and the ordinary passive PFC power supply cannot work when the voltage is lower than 190V."

“The list of cables includes a standard 24-pin and 8-pin EPS cable for the motherboard and up to sixteen 6+2-pin PCIe power cables, ten 4+4 SATA power cables, and even four Molex IDE power cables. This mixture of cables allows the LX-3600W to power up to 10 graphics cards and as many as 20 graphics interfaces.”

“...is currently on sale for 62,690 INR, which equates to around $858.37. The unit lacks a warranty, so it's one of those buy-it-at-your-own-risk products.”

Where's stompah? :rofl:
Why me?

I'm willing to burn my house down for a $20 PSU. BUT, I ain't paying over $800 AND having to pay my insurance deductible.

I mean come on, look at the pic of the sticker with it's power listed. It is a sticker on a sticker. Sounds like Tech YES City and his GameMax PSU conundrum.

Instant neighborhood Brownout.:waiting:

I'm willing to burn my house down for a $20 PSU. BUT, I ain't paying over $800 AND having to pay my insurance deductible.

I mean come on, look at the pic of the sticker with it's power listed. It is a sticker on a sticker. Sounds like Tech YES City and his GameMax PSU conundrum.

The Reds think we blues all look alike...
:rolleyes:

:p:rofl:

Last edited:
Back