• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3900X game mode / over clocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pgdeaner

One of my friends that managed to get his grubby paws on a 3900X tells me that if he enables game mode in Ryzen master it disables one of the chiplets and he can get 4.5GHZ easy. But with all enabled he can do 4.2 at best.

Anyone else played with this?

Game mode disables on of the chiplets, ie half the cores as you stated pgdeaner. It also does something to the memory configuration. So it does make sense that the processor can Oc higher when half the cores are disabled.

Dunno....

So is this like disabling cores?

From what I understand it's an option in Ryzen Master that disables an entire chiplet.

I was hoping someone else who had a 3900x had played with this. I thought it was an interesting bit of information and was curious if it was just one chip's specific behavior or if it was common.

I gain nothing. Most I can get is the same as my max all core oc.

You have a pretty special CPU to start with. I'm guessing my friend has one chiplet that is better than the other and just by luck the one that gets disabled is the less performant one.

You have a pretty special CPU to start with. I'm guessing my friend has one chiplet that is better than the other and just by luck the one that gets disabled is the less performant one.

Yeah each of my chiplets clock whiten 25mhz of eachouther for the max clocks.

Back