• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$399 Acer Laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You get awesome specs for the price. A few weeks ago I ordered an HP laptop for my office and it cost me $1000. (Core2 2.2ghz, 2gigs, 80gb hard drive, DVD reader, 15'' screen, Vista Business + XP.)

Acer laptops are low quality build. Ive had 3 of them replaced before I finally settled for an Inspiron.

I bought my father an Acer laptop 1.5 yrs ago and it doesn't have any major problems whatsoever <knock on wood>

Its a $400 laptop, what did you expect besides a large netbook? I know I know, netbooks are small but you get the idea. Looking at it I think the most extreme thing it was designed for was playing 720p movies off the hard drive because of the 1366x768 screen.

por que? i dont see a point for much more than integrated gfx on a laptop like this, its not like your gonna be gaming on it.

no i am not gaming on it but any thing but intel intigrated would be nice

no i am not gaming on it but any thing but intel intigrated would be nice

For $400, you CAN'T expect "anything but Intel". Stop calling this a bad deal just because it has Intel graphics. You show me a $400 laptop with an Nvidia/ATI card for $400.

Even this week's $500 deal has Intel graphics, the $450, $500 and $600 laptops this week have Intel graphics.

Intel might not be the most powerful graphics card in the world, but they're cheap which allows you as a consumer to SAVE on laptop price to get a good laptop.

And who are you to judge? This is meant for internet, watching movies, maybe doing office work and you can play emulators on it for sure. It's not a Limited Edition World of Warcraft laptop.

Yeah! Don't be hatin' on my new rig!:mad: Just joking there.

I have had this for a week now. I am enjoying the heck out of it. I pretty much have been using this computer for everything but gaming. I use the Q6600 with the ATI 3870 X2 to 'get my game on'. For 80% or more of my computer use, this more than works. It is a dual core 2G CPU, boots quick, works fine for light photoshop use, and surfs the web well. Plus, I get to play around with Vista.

It is quiet, seems to have pretty good cooling (FAH on both cores). For the $ I spent, no complaints! I do wish the screen was a little taller. :attn:

For $400, you CAN'T expect "anything but Intel". Stop calling this a bad deal just because it has Intel graphics. You show me a $400 laptop with an Nvidia/ATI card for $400.

Even this week's $500 deal has Intel graphics, the $450, $500 and $600 laptops this week have Intel graphics.

Intel might not be the most powerful graphics card in the world, but they're cheap which allows you as a consumer to SAVE on laptop price to get a good laptop.

And who are you to judge? This is meant for internet, watching movies, maybe doing office work and you can play emulators on it for sure. It's not a Limited Edition World of Warcraft laptop.

dude shag off, i didnt call this a bad deal i just merely stated my dislike for onboard intel video. i have only had it give me issues in the past. and yes for $400 you could damn well hope, not all of ati or nvidias laptop video solutions cost a fortune

dude shag off, i didnt call this a bad deal i just merely stated my dislike for onboard intel video. i have only had it give me issues in the past. and yes for $400 you could damn well hope, not all of ati or nvidias laptop video solutions cost a fortune

And your comment was worthless to this thread. If you have more comments (like your original comment) when browsing the cyber deals section, keep them to yourself

price went up and how is ur running?

Mine is doing great! But if the price went up, you might want to look around a bit. I love mine, but I paid $399 for it. A lot of times Dell will have good deals on lower end laptops.

I love mine. Is not for gamers. And it is a little bigger than my old one, won't fit in the case. For $399, killer deal. For more than that, shop around...

Back