• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3D only blue screen problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

ok so i am stumped, first off specs are in green in my sig before i go any where. Win7 X64

i've been having random crash/lockup/BSOD lately with things of a 3D nature.
i thought i had it licked but it just prolongs the random crash.

i've been playing dirt 2 and trying to play wow but i keep getting locks or BSOD, usually the BSOD is atikmdag.sys related, page fault in non paged area.

some times it just resets and wont let me see whats going on or it'll crash the 3d app and screw up all image processing untill i restart then its fine for a while longer.

tried a nvidia card, 9600 GT, same problems, same problems at stock as well as OCed, with/with out onboard sound, withmany different combinations in the bios turned on or off.

this is really pissing me off

Yeah, I can see.. Try lower your CPU OC, and loosen your RAM timings 5-5-5-19 and slow it down just bit, 950MHZ?

1 of two things come to mind..

1, Your power supply just can't deal with your overclock or
2. Your overclock is just too much for your hardware and now its showing signs of wear.

Slow down your stuff, and see if it goes away, if it does, then you know how to fix it..

Back