• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3dmark

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Albyno

why does my computer score lower with 3dmark06 when i overclock it compaired to when its totaly stock speeds?

atm im running 3150 with 1.36vcore idle 2gb dual channel ram (OCZ 6400 revision 2) running at 4:5 and 2.1volts (yes its rated for that).
score 3500 ish

stock is 2.4 (e6600)
score 5000ish

video card is not overclocked by me at all mayb from factory but its not that great anyway XFX 7600GT 256mb

anyone know why my overclock that is 6 hours orthos stable is worse for 3dmark? thanks tim

Is it throttling due to temperature?

Are other benchmarks slower as well?

Maybe try running Cinebench R10?

dvd decrypter is about 5 mins faster AutoGK has cut down from 1h45m to 1h-1h15m maxish orthos max temp is about 63c so no its not throtling due to heat C1E and EIST are still off atm. it jsut makes no sence to me why its worse in 3dmark06

if everything else is fine, who cares ;)

do you have any new added services running? any diff programs running in the background?

how much diff is it? what else changed when you overclocked

droped ram multi from 3 to 2.5 locked PCIe to 100mhz turned off C1E and EIST inc Vcore to cant remember right now lol inc ram to 2.1v and lost 1500 points in 3Dmark06

Back