• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3DMark05 of 14,642 R520 Unconfirmed Test

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ropey

Current 6800U SLI 3DMark05 high score record is ~12,500

We saw, the R520 3DMark05 result had unexpectedly achieved 14,642, the 6800U SLI was outdone by 17%! Also 6800U and X850XTPE result was higher than 2.5 times better!

Below is the present known R520 specification information:

• 24 pixel pipeline
• Each action cycle may carry out 192 passes
• The core frequency achieves 700MHz
• Each second carries out 134.4 billion operations
• Chip conatains 300 million ~ 350 million transistors
• 512MB, the 256bit achieves ~1.8GHz (bandwidth = 7.6GB/sec)
• Uses the 90nm cmos
• Supports Shader 3.0
• Supports ATI HyperMemory
• Supports ATI Multi Rendering (AMR)

000014396.jpg

Translated via bablefish as this is a Chinese testing site.
http://www.pcpop.com

http://world.altavista.com/babelfis.../document.pcpop.com/0/82/82331.shtml&lp=zh_en

R

Last edited:
Look closely at the picture where the name of the graphics card should be...almost looks like GeForce 6800 - Though id hate to believe it...it almost looks like it says that.

Yes that exacly what i was think, now that i look closer i see it is a Geforce 6800 ultra, ether that or ATI have made there new cards name the same as nvidia.

PottaCoola said:
Yes that exacly what i was think, now that i look closer i see it is a Geforce 6800 ultra, ether that or ATI have made there new cards name the same as nvidia.
Or its not reading properly

Hes right its not reading properly. Even if one were to call this fake, it doesnt matter since the real score would be close to that anyway. Itll be 24 pipes with a 32 pipe verson "soon" depending how much a threat nvidia is, not much at the moment. I have a hard time believing those clocks, its either overclocked or best case scinerio for engineering sample but the actual card is probably gonna be like 650 core, 800 ram because I heard alot about them using 1.25ns(1.20?) ram, this amounts to 800MHz. I am hearing the following prices:

$500-24 pipes and 256mb ram
$700-24 pipes and 512mb ram
$700-32 pipes and 256mb ram
$999-32 pipes and 512mb ram

I dont know who would buy 24 pipes and 512mb instead of 32 and 256 but many people judge the speed of the card by how much ram it has :shrug: but neither of us need a $500 card. Your $80 card will do just fine in games, so will my $80 9500-9700 as well

Overclocker550 said:
the actual card is probably gonna be like 650 core, 800 ram because I heard alot about them using 1.25ns(1.20?) ram, this amounts to 800MHz. I am hearing the following prices:

give us some sources, now. this is ridiculous

crimedog said:
give us some sources, now. this is ridiculous

Exactly. I am not buying a single word of this post as of now. Some fuzzy little screen shot doesn't do it for me, unfortunately. I wouldn't go selling all your equipment just yet guys ;)

-Collin-

Overclocker550 said:
who cares, a real r520 would be capable of getting that score none the less.......

As Crimedog said, you need concrete proof before you can make such a large assumption. There is no denying that the R520 should be very powerful, but such a large increase in 05 scores will be hard to come by.

deception``

I'm not doubting that it's not do-able with the new core architecture and additional pipes, but the score seems a little b.s. to me at this point. I'd rather see a preview of some sort by somebody reputable rather than "some guy's" website declaring benchmarks.

Hey... my nV fx5600nu broke 32k in 3dMark05 last night!!! You guys wanna see screenies??? Hang on... let me make some for you. :p

I'll second that. Am I the only suspicious one here?

-Collin-

No sir, you are not :)

Originally Posted by Overclocker550

who cares, a real r520 would be capable of getting that score none the less.......

So, just because this result is clearly not an example of R520 performance, you declare that nobody should care, and that we should all just accept it as something that it isn't (IT IS NOT RELEVANT TO R520) anyways?

Overclocker550

Hes right its not reading properly. Even if one were to call this fake, it doesnt matter since the real score would be close to that anyway. Itll be 24 pipes with a 32 pipe verson "soon" depending how much a threat nvidia is, not much at the moment. I have a hard time believing those clocks, its either overclocked or best case scinerio for engineering sample but the actual card is probably gonna be like 650 core, 800 ram because I heard alot about them using 1.25ns(1.20?) ram, this amounts to 800MHz. I am hearing the following prices:

I dont know who would buy 24 pipes and 512mb instead of 32 and 256 but many people judge the speed of the card by how much ram it has but neither of us need a $500 card. Your $80 card will do just fine in games, so will my $80 9500-9700 as well

Originally Posted by Overclocker550

Please share with us your reliable references, or offer us some proof - this will help back up your questionable speculation based on as-of-now questionable sources.

I have explained several times to you how easy it is to start a rumour in this community - anyone with a keyboard and good writing skills can run a good attempt at falsely leading us all to believe that ATi will be exclusively using, say, purple PCBs with these new video cards.

felinusz

I have yet to see any reliable 'leaked information' about these video cards.

Sure, some of the 'leaked information' is believable, but that does not make it correct!

Explained through an example:

I could easily register at a hardware forum, and start a thread there, telling everyone that I was an ATi insider. I could then report to everyone at that forum, that the new cards will all use a purple coloured PCB. Many people might believe me, if I made a good and convincing pitch.

Is it believeable? Sure it is! An 'ATi insider' just leaked the purple PCB secret out to the world!

But, just because the information is believeable, does not make it correct, or reliable!

Any skilled writer/convincer with a computer, and an internet connection, could do this.

I hate to seem like a big party-pooping skeptic, but I simply do not trust the 'sources' (unnamed) of the 'leaked information' that we currently have available to us (clearly fake screenshots, and sketchy specifications).

This quote is quite relevant, and I would appreciate it if you adressed it this time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back