• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3DMark05 of 14,642 R520 Unconfirmed Test

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ropey

It is too bad that you find yourself being upset on the net with regards to information verified or unverified. Information is a good thing, whether one chooses to add their own bias or not.

Use it, don't lose it.

R

You misunderstood or misread my above post.

I said that

felinusz

I am not against speculation, but I am against the enhancement of already highly questionable information.

To go into further detail, I object to someone using a screenshot that is COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT to R520, in order to speculate the R520's performance.

This is like me posting a picture of a 4 GHz Intel overclock, and then basing speculation on Athlon64 Venice overclocking on that irrelevant screenshot.

crimedog

this is not information. you used a random screenshot of a bugged sli run to try and prove speculated specs of an upcoming line of video cards we don't know anything about.

Exactly how I feel.

crimedog said:
how in the world am i speculating more than you? 14k has been broken with ultras in sli, 512mb ultras EXIST, and bugged runs happen all the time. r520 is nothing more than a gleam on oc550's keyboard.

Had you just posted the screen shot, like was done at all the other sites who posted it, i wouldn't have it in for you. instead it's r520 is 17% faster than sli and 2.5 times faster than x850 with a list of "specifications?" what a joke.

edit: this is what it looks like to me. do you see ati x900?
I am not yet at speculation as I do not have enough information to know one way or the other and I do not "guess" easily. You however use terms that are a stated fact. Nowhere did you say (until this last post) I think, or It Seems or as you now say "This is what it looks like to me".

What you stated was that it clearly was . . . and it is not clearly anything, your photoshop abilities notwithstanding.

Everything I posted came from that website. Nothing came from my own mind thus anyone who says that I erred in method is off base. Go to the website and read what it says rather than making your own mind up on faulty views. I did NOT create anything. :rolleyes:

As I said, Read the Title. :rolleyes:

R

1 you make this thread.
2 people offer alternatives which are MUCH more likely.
3 you say "prove it"

we don't have to prove anything, you're obviously the one who wants this ss to be from fudo. you have nothing to back your claims besides the speculated specifications created by someone with no affiliation or connections with ATI. we, on the other hand, can show you how that score is possible with existing hardware.

stop crying about a technicality, we don't give a **** about it. you put unconfirmed in the title, we don't care. it's all about how you presented it. think about how many times this screen shot has been passed around by unscrupulous people like yourself, and how many people who mistook it for real info.

on that note, i've wasted too much time on this thread and am departing. there's no real info in it, absolutely nothing. i do wish oc550 would come back and defend his bull**** statements though.

Thanks for that side-by-side. Even if you just look at the shapes of the blobs you can tell thats exactly what it says. I do believe that this is an old screenshot too used on April Fool's day...

crimedog said:
on that note, i've wasted too much time on this thread and am departing. there's no real info in it, absolutely nothing. i do wish oc550 would come back and defend his bull**** statements though.
Somehow, I think that'll happen the same day SSS buys a $1000 card... :D

crimedog said:
1 you make this thread.
2 people offer alternatives which are MUCH more likely.
3 you say "prove it"

we don't have to prove anything, you're obviously the one who wants this ss to be from fudo. you have nothing to back your claims besides the speculated specifications created by someone with no affiliation or connections with ATI. we, on the other hand, can show you how that score is possible with existing hardware.

stop crying about a technicality, we don't give a **** about it. you put unconfirmed in the title, we don't care. it's all about how you presented it. think about how many times this screen shot has been passed around by unscrupulous people like yourself, and how many people who mistook it for real info.

Your wishes have little impact in reality. Obviously you do not know the difference between the statement:

This is clearly...

and

I think this might well be....

One is speculation. The other is stated as fact. Can you guess which one is which? The photoshop work does not change the facts of my posting. I DID NOT POST ANYTHING OTHER THAN WHAT WAS ON THAT SITE. No opinions whatsoever. Do not put those words in my mouth. I am not saying prove it. I am saying that IF you state the alternative as FACT then you must prove it. If you state the alternative in words of opinion then you need not. Clearly (fact) you do not understand what I am saying or if you do, you choose to ignore it.

R

veryhumid said:
maybe but that isn't a screenshot, it is an actual picture of the screen, that complicates things. anyone know if this card will be available to agp at all?

oops, nm, probably pci-e only

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Cebit2005/Day4/5

That does complicate things... but still VERY easy to reproduce nonetheless. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd prove my point by altering the score on that screenshot, but unfortunately, I'm at work, and since I changed carreers out of web design, I don't have ready access to PS anymore. ;)

ATi will be exclusively using, say, purple PCBs with these new video cards.
OMG Ati will be using purple PCBs' :woot: I'm going to paint everything purple on my PC to match. I'll be the first to have a complete purple PC on the net.
Don't worry, I'll post this on every site I visit so everybody can prepare. :burn: :p

This is a very foolish thread....

It doesn't matter whether the title says "Unconfirmed Test" or not. The fact of the matter is that this is clearly a bogus benchmark, as anyone with fairly good sight can clearly notice that this is an NVIDIA run.

Posts such as these have no business on this forum, as they only insight those who love to randomly speculate (Oc550) more.

deception``

deception`` said:
This is a very foolish thread....
Well, after reading many postings of yours which are in my estimation very foolish I will have to bow you your ability to create such postings.

You are indeed one of the Foolish Posts Kings here Deception`` and as such I bow to your ability to recognize like posts.

I thus am chastized by your post in this thread and fully accede from the "King of Foolish Posts" that this post of mine falls to that variety in which you excel.

:)

R

ropey said:
Well, after reading many postings of yours which are in my estimation very foolish I will have to bow you your ability to create such postings.

You are indeed one of the Foolish Posts Kings here Deception`` and as such I bow to your ability to recognize like posts.

I thus am chastized by your post in this thread and fully accede from the "King of Foolish Posts" that this post of mine falls to that variety in which you excel.

:)

R

Unlike yourself, I do not make bogus posts and try to defend them as credible.

Ropey, you are perhaps one of the most foolish people on these forums. Granted, you are not the most abrupt, but you cloud your own mistakes with a flurry of bloated language with the hopes of confusion and/or distance from others.

One would think that with age comes wisdom; Unfortunately, you have done an excellent job to prove myself (and others) wrong with that regard.

I'm sure that there are plenty of other members that are waiting hands-and-knees for more of your "Unconfirmed Bull****." In the meantime, I suppose that I'll try to come up with a screenshot that proves that the 9500 Pro actually uses SM 3.0 :-/

With this in mind, hold hands with Oc550 in the hell known as ignorance.

I'd love to stay and chat more, but I feel that doing so would lessen myself to your extent.

deception``

Last edited:
Guys, all you are doing is arguing and getting ****ed off over information that cannot be verified. There is no way you're going to resolve this, besides the fact it is danger close to flaming on several different instances. Hope it was enjoyable

cw823

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back