• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

(3rd Party seller) prices for AM4 X570 motherboards through the roof!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Last edited:
I see the Asus tuf x570 plus wifi for $888 3rd party and $149 from newegg

True, but a lot of the reasonably priced models are out of stock.

That's a lot different than the X570 line being priced through the roof. :)

I don't see much out of line once you sort by Newegg as the seller. This behavior from 3rd party vendors is, sadly, common...and why I sort by Newegg only (initially).

I wonder if over the last couple of weeks some of the less expensive models were bought up because of AMD's previous statement older boards wouldn't support the new chips (which of course they backtracked on a couple of days ago).

Things were already lower stock due to COVID-19, most of these boards do come out of China after all.

Also likely because AMD just announced Zen 3 support for X570, people grabbing boards pre-emptively knowing they should be supported.

How can a 3rd party vendor expect to sell, for instance, the ASUS AM4 TUF GAMING X570-Plus For $888.88 when Amazon has them in stock for $166.99?

How can a 3rd party vendor expect to sell, for instance, the ASUS AM4 TUF GAMING X570-Plus For $888.88 when Amazon has them in stock for $166.99?
Well, that price is just outlandish... most aren't that bad. But look how this thread was created...under the guise of the price being 'through the roof' for a platform, but it was just in how the search was conducted at the site. Obviously few would buy such a thing, but... surely it has happened before.

Okay, ED. I get your point. My analysis of the price structure was flawed. You don't have to say that again.

I think it is sad that Newegg or even Amazon allow such prices on their platform when they are that far out of line with full blown retail

Okay, ED. I get your point. My analysis of the price structure was flawed. You don't have to say that again.
Just a note...it wasn't said again to rub it in, but used as an example of how easy it is to come across. ;)

This brings back memories of the GPU pricing when the 'mining industry' created shortages of higher performing cards. Any perception of a shortage will lead to price gouging of a product whether it's computer parts or ice. Human nature is like that. So is supply and demand.

I think it is sad that Newegg or even Amazon allow such prices on their platform when they are that far out of line with full blown retail

I wouldn't think they would get many takers anyway.

Third party seller prices are typically higher for items that are also sold by NewEgg and Amazon but not as high as I see them right now. That's what caught my attention.

Who cares, just dont buy them. That's the nice thing about capitalism. When you offer a product no one wants, or for a price no one is willing to pay, you go out of business. The market cares very little about anyone or anything. It's buyers vs sellers and whoever has the upper hand wins.

Back