• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4.0Ghz 960T IMC Voltage Concern.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CMI1986X86

Hey guys I'm fresh off the boat from Toms, couldn't do it anymore lol.
It's a sad occourence when veteran member (myself) asks a technical question (the one I am about to ask here) and I get 1 completely pointless response. Mean while posts like "AMD vs Intel" or " I have $200, what should I buy" Have hundreds of responses. I digress... So my actual question is the program "Speccy" Is telling me that my IMC voltage is 1.8v, from my understanding the IMC should not exceed 1.55v. This is odd as my NB voltage and CPU-NB Link voltages are both set at 1.25v. The IMC voltage stays set @ 1.8-1.83v regardless of the NB/CPU-NB voltages. Is it posible that this is just a faulty reading ?? HWMonitor shows this same value under Vin1. I have linked some screenshots while running Prime95 to help you guys out.

Specs
Mobo- Asrock 970 Extreme3
CPU- Phenom II 960T @ 4.0Ghz / 200X20 / 1.38v / NB 2600Mhz 1.25V
Coler-Hyper 212+ PP with 2X CM Sickleflow 120's & AS-5 paste
8GB Kingston Hyper X 1600 @ Stock 1.65V
PSU-Power PC @ Cooling Silencer MKIII 600W

https://picasaweb.google.com/115270171700988397168/20120505?authkey=Gv1sRgCLDryLO4ycTrmgE

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I think that's normal... to be honest i'm no expert but AMD have the Memory controller built into the CPU, its separate to the CPU-NB...

I have my NB set to default and it looks the same as yours.

Attachments

• 1.8.PNG
    1.8.PNG
    68.2 KB · Views: 159
Awesome, that's definite load off my chest. Thanks a ton, I didn't know it was possible to receive logical and helpful responses so quickly, I was almost expecting an "AMD sucks buy a 2500K comment" lol. I guess I'm in a better place now, I think I'll stick around this place. Thanks again.

hope you enjoy your time here. i have so far and plan on sticking around, always get good friendly advice here.:thup:

Awesome, that's definite load off my chest. Thanks a ton, I didn't know it was possible to receive logical and helpful responses so quickly, I was almost expecting an "AMD sucks buy a 2500K comment" lol. I guess I'm in a better place now, I think I'll stick around this place. Thanks again.

We could say that if it would really make you feel at home...:p

I've been a member here since my AM2 ocing days, great people with tons of info. The trolls only leave their bridges when they drink too much around here.
:welcome:

Yep it is a great forum here, I was really an addict for years, going on 11 now and thought I should float in and see whats up, I am still an AMD fan, love the products, best bang for the buck. I have nothing against Intel but just prefer AMD , looking at grabbing a 960T to drop in wifes AM2+ board since it is feeling a bit slow and will add an SSd at same time which should liven things up!

Helped me immensely...

I seldom see this informative article linked anywhere as if it was never seen. I believe the noob to the long-timer can gain insight from what is in the article. I have been at this awhle, but it has been a bonus for me when working with user's mobos that I have never seen and have odd naming conventions of voltages within the motherboard bios.

I copied this one sentence from within the article and it is a real mouthful. The default voltages vary depending on the CPU. One of the first things a serious overclocker should do before trying to change voltage options is to discover what the default values are for the CPU. This can be found in a document from AMD called “Power and Thermal Data Sheet,” which has a version for each CPU family. Now I have some idea of where to go for myself and determine the default voltages used in the system I am dealing with. Wah Lah.

In the fall of 2011 I came across this piece of information that has been nothing more than a revalation to my understanding. Understanding All Voltage Configurations from the Motherboard. By Gabriel Torres on August 8, 2011. The effort he put into removing some of mystery about the naming conventions used by some motherboard companies just shines a new light on what the various voltages in motherboard bioses are actually supposed to do. I keep a copy for use when a motherboard bios is not easily understood.

Back