• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please, help me break 4.0Ghz? I need voltage reccomendations, for RAM, NB, and CPU...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

southpark2033

Registered
Please, help me break 4.0Ghz? I need voltage reccomendations, for RAM, NB, and CPU...

Rig:

E8400 @ 3.6 (CPUZ reports AUTO voltages range from 1.92 to 2.64)
MSI P45 Platinum
OCZ PC 6400 RAM
OCZ 700W GameXStream PSU

I want to hit a 5.9 Vista score (5.8 now) and get over 15,000 3DMarks (14,725 now)

I am using stock cooling with high 20's ambient case temps (Using an Antec 900)

If any other info is needed pls tell me, looking forward to doing this!

I just did some quick research, and decided to wait to get aftermarket cooling befor I go any further. My temps are int he 45- 55C range so that as far as I can go ATM.

I just did some quick research, and decided to wait to get aftermarket cooling befor I go any further. My temps are int he 45- 55C range so that as far as I can go ATM.
In the mean time have a play with setting vcore manually. You'll find that you can run with a lower manual voltage than any auto voltage. You can usually run at stock a couple of notches lower than the vid shown for your cpu.

Back