• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4 double sided modules on a P31

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Cool, all set but Still not booting into windows. Running memtest now and see what it tells me

Cheers for all the help and replies fellas, much appreciated

did you up the northbridge voltages at all? what voltages did you up? might be one you missed, just a thought...

Norbridge and dd2 voltages both at +2 as suggested by the ocz guy. Memtest hung on tet 5.. Never known it to have hung before. Going to try it again, see if it blows in the same place

Hmm, tried and it hung in the smae place. Going to rip two out and see what memtest does then...

well do you have any active cooling, ie fans pointed or on the northbridge.

the case rear fan is directly behind the NB. No other system or case fans, just the CPU fan.

Ok, an update here. I've been trying the Ram in different configurations and running memtest. What I found was if I put two sticks in the two channell one slots, the machine will fail to post. No errors no beeps. Could this be part of my problem?

You think it's a shot mobo then? They work fine if I'vwe got all four in or in the other channel but two in that channel and it doesn't post

its odd to have it happen to 2 slots... but when you try one stick in each slot, 2 slots dont work? yea though if its a bad dimm slot rma it, casue you got 4 1gig dimms...

1 Dimm in one slot is fine. But two dimms in two slots doesn't post. but all four in all four slots posts but crashes memtest after 9 minutes 47 seconds lol

ok but you mean 1 dimm in any of the slots works? if dual channel isnt working correctly then you may need to wait for a bios update. i had to do the same with my AB9-pro 965 based cause of bios issues. when you say 2 dimms though you mean wiether its in dual or single channle mode it still doesnt boot up?

Ok, four slots, 1,2,3,4 with 1 being closest to the processor. 1 and 2 are ch0, 3 and 4 are ch1

If I put one dimm in any slot it's fine

If I put a dimm in 1 and 3, 2 and 4, 1 and 4 or 1 and 2 it's fine
If I put them into 3 and 4 doesn't post.

your gonna have to wait then if you have the newest one or on a beta bios......

Back